7 pairs of twins in one clutch

trioceros

Hi,

one year ago i had 7 pairs of twins in one clutch of ch. calyptratus.
for my sadness they doesn´t hatch. they all have died in the eggs, i think the space in the eggs was too less at least.
I ll show you some pictures now.

Attachments

• Bild006web.JPG
    Bild006web.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Bild 006a.JPG
    Bild 006a.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Bild 012a.JPG
    Bild 012a.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Bild 014a.JPG
    Bild 014a.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 237
:( That's so sad. I didn't know that twins occured with chameleons! 7 pairs is amazing, but sad that they didn't hatch though.:(

Triocerus

While an interesting oddity, for the times we have had twins hatch with pardalis (about 6 pairs), they are so small and frail, they do not make if for long. You appear to have a bloodline there that favors twins !

While an interesting oddity, for the times we have had twins hatch with pardalis (about 6 pairs), they are so small and frail, they do not make if for long. You appear to have a bloodline there that favors twins !

i have only the male right now. but i dont breed calyptratus any more.

That's odd. The last one appears to only have one set of legs. Sad to see them die.

Wow, SEVEN?!?!? I once had a clutch of pardalis with 2 sets of twins. The first hatched on their own and lived for about 10 days. The others failed to hatch. I was actually just reading the bit I wrote for the CiN about it....15 years ago. :eek: Haven't had any more since. I would guess it was the female that contributed to twins.

wow! Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Twins can happen in any species of animal. This also reminds me of the article in the reptiles mag this month wih the nealy entire clutch of bearded eggs that were all twins!

Back
Top Bottom