Bad news :(

My sister and I both have chameleons. Mine is a panther and hers a veiled. Unfortunately last night my sisters veiled, Vlad, was seen crouching in the bottom of his cage and acting very aggressive ( this was also happening and he usually should have been asleep), a few hours later he collapsed over and stopped breathing. He shortly started breathing again and trying to move. He was rushed to the vet in the AM and is continuing to stop breathing and is also having seizures. He is not even 2 years old yet, poor thing. The vet is taking him for the day and overnight to care for him and tests were done to see what could be wrong. This makes me so sad.
Keep little Vlad in your thoughts today if you can, thanks.
image.jpeg

My sister and I both have chameleons. Mine is a panther and hers a veiled. Unfortunately last night my sisters veiled, Vlad, was seen crouching in the bottom of his cage and acting very aggressive ( this was also happening and he usually should have been asleep), a few hours later he collapsed over and stopped breathing. He shortly started breathing again and trying to move. He was rushed to the vet in the AM and is continuing to stop breathing and is also having seizures. He is not even 2 years old yet, poor thing. The vet is taking him for the day and overnight to care for him and tests were done to see what could be wrong. This makes me so sad.
Keep little Vlad in your thoughts today if you can, thanks.View attachment 160902
Keeping you all in my thoughts...hoping for the best.

Unfortunately he passed away this morning. He is no longer suffering at least. However we are all very upset today for the loss of a family member.

Oh god, I am so sorry hun, did you have a necropsy done? Or do they know what made him pass? I just always worry whether it's passable to other reptiles when it's that sudden.

Troubleshooting this is a big deal, but only if you plan on keeping more.

You described something, and in thinking on the totality of things, a combination of all the things described combined with the suddenness of this, did anybody accidentally spray any aerosols near him within the last day?

Was your panther in the same room or area of the house? It wasn't affected, right? There are always things that can go wrong with any individual cham, but without a necropsy you won't be able to rule out anything. What about burning incense, aromatic oils, using room air fresheners? Cleaners?

Troubleshooting this is a big deal, but only if you plan on keeping more.

You described something, and in thinking on the totality of things, a combination of all the things described combined with the suddenness of this, did anybody accidentally spray any aerosols near him within the last day?
I'm actually very curious about this too. That's a very very good question. I sometimes spray air freshener, not much since I got my Cham, but the question definitely is legit! I hadn't really considered that with a Cham but now I am!

Back
Top Bottom