Bad Fall = Broken Bones?

@Herpcentric How the F is that relevant to anything being discussed here?
Because kids aren’t valued as a life. They don’t hold that title anymore. And because this is how parents think, it trickles down into the kids not caring for a life. No matter how small, like this cham with no doubt broken bones. The parents don’t care because the cham holds no value to them, so this poor kid who houses the cham in turn does not care by example the parents are setting.

Because kids aren’t valued as a life. They don’t hold that title anymore. And because this is how parents think, it trickles down into the kids not caring for a life. No matter how small, like this cham with no doubt broken bones. The parents don’t care because the cham holds no value to them, so this poor kid who houses the cham in turn does not care by example the parents are setting.

Don't apply a blanket statement like that... There is nothing on this planet that I care more for that my child. That is not at all how most parents think or feel.

Don't apply a blanket statement like that... There is nothing on this planet that I care more for that my child. That is not at all how most parents think or feel.
It wasn’t a blanket statement. I was referring to these parent in specific. I’m sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

You can’t, you said it well when you described us as anonymous voices on the internet. That’s all we are. Normally I’d be the first one here calling out the BS but I’m just not going to waste my breath here, y’all got it handled.

I’m not sure if I’m getting older and wiser or older and lazier, either way...

Those two seem to be not as mutually exclusive as we think sometimes.

Neither of the two have enough money for a vet. And they have only had the cham for 2 days apparently. So its not their fault, the bone thing takes weeks at that age to get to this point. But the cham has broken but healing limbs. Personally id take the cham to the vet for some D3+calcium treatments just to get a baseline. Even if you have a perfect setup (but you dont because "lights are coming") its going to be 45 days + before the cham is 100%. And the MBD is permanent, so all those bends in the limbs are not going to true up, they are just going to get stronger.

One member once put it " a pet doesnt know how much it cost, it could be a $30 cham or a $3000 dog, they both should get equal treatment".

If the lights are on the way then the best thing that can be done at this point to provide UVB and start getting some calcium into those poor bones is to get this chameleon outside gently for 20 minutes to an hour each day without over heating it. Feed it good feeders with appropriate supplements and if possible try to get liquid calcium into it by mouth.

We are bringing it back to the pet shop because we realized we don’t have the knowledge and we have talked about it @Herpcentric i don’t appreciate your posts at all my parents did not have their kids “too young” and are very good at their parenting job and I have broken 4 bones and they have brought me to the hospital for 3 of them and they care for me and my 4 other siblings plus 7 pets that we have and have gone through a lot for me and my siblings & pets but to get back on topic we are returning her because we know we cannot take care of her it broke my heart to pieces and I’m crying while I’m typing this but if it is good for her then we are gonna bring her back so thank you for the help

We are bringing it back to the pet shop because we realized we don’t have the knowledge and we have talked about it @Herpcentric i don’t appreciate your posts at all my parents did not have their kids “too young” and are very good at their parenting job and I have broken 4 bones and they have brought me to the hospital for 3 of them and they care for me and my 4 other siblings plus 7 pets that we have and have gone through a lot for me and my siblings & pets but to get back on topic we are returning her because we know we cannot take care of her it broke my heart to pieces and I’m crying while I’m typing this but if it is good for her then we are gonna bring her back so thank you for the help

Sry this happened to you. Don’t worry about Herp they don’t know what they’re talking about. You can try again when your older and have the resources to care for a Cham. In the mean time you can do lots of research for when that time comes. There is some great resources on this site.

But are you taking her back to the same pet shop? ...silly question I know, but.. You should show that lady (who dropped her the first time) what they caused with their bad husbandry.....
Yes I’m taking her back to the same place but they only had her for about a week or so the MBD was not their fault just the fall and I have nowhere else to take her other than Petco which I know would not be a good place for her so yeah

I'm sorry you and your cham had to go through what you did, but I'm glad you have got a sensible view on this and what is best for the little guy, I would recommend in future with any pet you take on that doing your research first and making sure you can facilitate the needs of the animal to save both you and the animal from having to go through this. Chams are amazing creatures and deserve the best care possible and they will without a doubt be worth your time in the future.

Back
Top Bottom