Bad Fall = Broken Bones?

Ok hey my chameleon that I got was dropped twice once when she was at the store before I bought her and then she fell today in her enclosure so I picked her up and she looked like the picture above I can send you some videos if I can figure out how to do that just give me a sec
You’ve got to upload them to a third part platform like YouTube.

@Cameryn - where you you located so we can advise on reptile vets in your area? How's the little fella's mobility? If it can't move/climb and you're worried about additional falls, you'll want to set up a hospital bin until you've seen a vet. It doesn't look good.

@jannb - once the OP responds do you have any recommendations?

I type too slowly on my phone. Thanks Brody!

She is doing really good climbing but still not eating her legs did look weird after the first fall I would show you but I can’t get the video up I just didn’t notice it until the second fall in the enclosure that her legs looked bad I’m in Spring,Texas but if the vet can’t do much I really don’t want to take her I’m just scared she will give me bad recommendations and she will end up dying

Sorry I have to leave for a couple of days bye
If you fell and broke an arm, leg, and collar bone would you skip the doctor?

Even if no bones were broken she should still see a vet for a bone density test, period. Anything short of that is pure neglect on your part. I’d say bring her back to the breeder but she’d probably be no better off there. Please rehome her if your just going to bail on her.

She is doing really good climbing but still not eating her legs did look weird after the first fall I would show you but I can’t get the video up I just didn’t notice it until the second fall in the enclosure that her legs looked bad I’m in Spring,Texas but if the vet can’t do much I really don’t want to take her I’m just scared she will give me bad recommendations and she will end up dying

If you don’t take her to the vet she could still end up dying. An even more painful and slow death.

Clearly this poor cham is going to be left in agony by yet another idiot who clearly has no business having any animal and is in no position to take care of it.

Sorry (to the majority here) to rant, but this is the reason I don't come on here so much lately. I'm sick of seeing animals basically abused by negligent, uneducated people who think Google is the best place to get treatment.

There's a big difference to people asking for advice and being pro active to posts like this. It doesn't take any sort of expert to know urgent veterinary attention was needed, and long before now.

Sorry I didn’t take her to the vet my parents wouldn’t take her she is perfectly fine now eating and climbing everywhere she is not being “abused” because we didn’t take her to the vet she has not fallen since and her leg seems to be perfectly fine she is light green (happy) all the time too. Me and my parents agreed to keep a close eye on her so she would not fall again and just so you know bones will heal without a cast example myself my leg was broken and my parents didn’t think so so the didn’t take me to the doctor my leg is perfectly fine now and I am doing many sports so bones will heal on their own

Sorry I didn’t take her to the vet my parents wouldn’t take her she is perfectly fine now eating and climbing everywhere she is not being “abused” because we didn’t take her to the vet she has not fallen since and her leg seems to be perfectly fine she is light green (happy) all the time too. Me and my parents agreed to keep a close eye on her so she would not fall again and just so you know bones will heal without a cast example myself my leg was broken and my parents didn’t think so so the didn’t take me to the doctor my leg is perfectly fine now and I am doing many sports so bones will heal on their ownView attachment 245557View attachment 245558

There is so many things wrong with this statement. Like....all of it.

Back
Top Bottom