Bad Fall = Broken Bones?

And I have a very high pain Torrence so I probably didn’t look like it hurt that bad after three weeks the took me cause the were curious

And it wasn’t getting better but the doctor said they really didn’t have to come cause it was almost healed

If you can't get vet care for your chameleon I hope you will do everything in your power to feed her properly, give her the right supplements and the correct lighting.
Non displaced fractures can heal on their own but when a bone is moved out of place broken it will not heal properly or straight. Chameleons bones aren't usually set straight because they are too small to cast or plate. Aggressive treatment to correct the calcium and other vitamin deficiencies is need to keep more bones from breaking. I don't know what else to tell you to do at home. The vet would likely give calcium injections and send you home with liquid calcium to give orally.

Yes I’m doing everything in my power to keep her healthy and happy she seems to be doing very well thank you

I want to try and stay on subject...OP typically bones don’t heal in days it takes weeks sometimes even months depending on the break. Some broken bones require surgery to put them back in place to heal properly. If my eyes are mistaken then so be it but the very first pic clearly looked like broken bones on 2 different limbs. If that’s not the case great! BUT if those limbs still look deformed I would take all precautions to set her up in a hospital bin or set her cage up with some kind of net to keep her from falling far. Also, since she is still young and growing IF those are broken the calcium in her body will be used to repair those. So her lighting and supplements need to be ON POINT. It’s your choice not to take her to a vet, nobody here can force you to so please keep all suggestions in mind with maintaining her care.

If you can't get vet care for your chameleon I hope you will do everything in your power to feed her properly, give her the right supplements and the correct lighting.
Non displaced fractures can heal on their own but when a bone is moved out of place broken it will not heal properly or straight. Chameleons bones aren't usually set straight because they are too small to cast or plate. Aggressive treatment to correct the calcium and other vitamin deficiencies is need to keep more bones from breaking. I don't know what else to tell you to do at home. The vet would likely give calcium injections and send you home with liquid calcium to give orally.
You read my mind lol

There are lots of CAPS in this response for emphasis because I dont have full functionally on my phone.

She is a baby. Take her to the vet. Just because your parents didnt take you and you ended up fine--that is no reason to repeat their, frankly, negligenct decision.

The main reason that this is a COMPLETELY different situation than you with your leg is because your parents could TALK to you--and YOU could tell them "hey no I'm feeling better walking isnt excruciating."

Animals CANNOT DO THAT. Actually--THEY DO THE OPPOSITE. They HIDE pain and injury because in the wild that would have put a target on their back for predation.

SPEND TIME LOOKING THROUGH THESE FORUMS--YOU WILL SEE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT PEOPLE HAD CHAMELEONS DIE BECAUSE THE CHAMELEON SUCCESSFULLY HID ITS PAIN AND INJURY UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.

The photos you posted were startling. Please reconsider and just have her checked out. Any animal you are unable to take to the vet at ANY time is an animal you should rehome.

@The Wild One you have learned so much here and worked so yard for your girl Coda--it is in no way your responsibility, but a part of me Hope's you are able to guide your friend to the right decision. If I'm not mistaken this is the same chameleon living in a glass aquarium.

Wait WHAT?!?! As a parent im appalled! Your parents didn't think it was broken and didn't take you!? Jesus ******* Christ!!!!! Parents take their kids to the hospital for sneezing because theyre afraid its pneumonia, and youre parents knew you were hurt but figured, eh its fine probably nothing broke. We're trying to help with a chameleon, when crap like this is going on, im not a social worker I cant stay in this thread, nope, peace y'all im out.

Sorry that my first post has to be like this however I simply cant hold my tongue. I've literally just rehomed a 10 month old Yemen because of this exact issue of kids having pets that they simply cant look after, seems to happen time and time again, I've loved these animals from a distance for a long time because I felt I didnt have the correct knowledge or skill to be able to give them the care they need and I've kept and bred reptiles including corn snakes, beardies and geckos since I was a kid and I'm now 30 so I'm by no means a beginner, however when I picked my boy Lars up on sunday I went straight to the pet store on the way home and spent a hell of a lot of money on lights, food, sups, dripper plants, vines, dishes and misters amongst other accessories and all I've done for the last 3 days is study forums and care sheets to ensure I give this chameleon the best life I can, after all he never asked to be in captivity and it's my privilege to own this amazing creature and you and your parents have a duty to do the same. Makes me sick how parents can just treat animals as they're kids play thing, I mean for god sake it was days after your first post and theres still no UVB light as far as i can see from the last picture! and your trying to tell us that its bones will heal fine on it's own?! I beg you just rehome that poor animal as you or your parents have absolutely no clue how to keep that animal alive and it's just going to end up in unessescary suffering and more than likely death...however from the way you answer questions with sheer ignorance I'm sure it will just get tossed in the bin to make way for the next poor creature.
Do the world a favour and ask for a hamster next time.

Yes, and children learn values and such from their parents. This child has learned that it’s ok not to take an injured dependent for medical care for broken bones, be it animal or human. How can a group of otherwise anonymous internet people convince the child that this is just wrong?
You can’t, you said it well when you described us as anonymous voices on the internet. That’s all we are. Normally I’d be the first one here calling out the BS but I’m just not going to waste my breath here, y’all got it handled.

I’m not sure if I’m getting older and wiser or older and lazier, either way...

You know.. I’m going to say something and you guys are probably going to hate me for it, but its the sad truth of how kids are viewed by a lot of people today.

Kids today aren’t had for the joy of starting a family, hardly anymore. Most kids today are from teenagers. Most kids today are from kids themselves being stupid and not considering the consequences their actions may cause. A lot of people today only have kids for the benefit of a paycheck. Kids are viewed as a form of income to a lot of people. And its sad that someone would bring a life into this world simply to further their own gains and then proceed to neglect that child because they hold no value other than free monitory..

I see this in my own family. My brother and “sister-in-law” have two kids together. My brother loves his kids to death and is working 3 jobs to provide and care for them. The In-Law sits on her butt all day, doesn’t work, expects to be taken care of and ignores her kids until they are screaming in her face and only then does she tell them off and hand them a electronic device to entertain them.. She receives a check ever month for those kids and maybe 15-20% of that money is actually spent on those kids. A lot of that money goes to new tattoos (I’m not degrading tattoos, don’t get me wrong. They’re awesome)

It’s so horribly that this is how people think today, and because of this negligence they are raising their kids to think this very same way. So life holds little to no meaning in a lot of kids lives unless it holds value...

I’m not saying this is every teenager/young adult with the bad luck of having kids they didn’t expect to be having. There are a ton of fantastic younger parents out there doing a phenomenal job. But there’s also a lot who just don’t care...

Just adding to the whole "bones heal fine on their own" statement... Explain my bent and crooked finger from an old injury... I neglected to get my finger looked at after I got it closed in a humvee door. It never healed straight so now I can't extend or fully bend my finger.

So I hope you can convince your parents to get a vet appointment set up for at least a check up. The cham might be acting fine now but they often will hide illness and injury and may begin to decline in health soon...

Back
Top Bottom