Bad Fall = Broken Bones?

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
My friends Cham just fell in her cage, she said that the lady dropped her when she got out of the cage please help!

Can you post a couple more photos...especially of the left arm. It does look like it might be broken. Right ankle looks bad too.

Can you post your friends supplement schedule and what the insects are fed/Gutloaded with and the UVB light that the chameleon is exposed to please?

Last edited:
At least two. Her right shoulder over he’s casque looks odd too. I doubt a vet could do much for given her size.

That’s a hell of a lot of trauma from just a fall but totally possible if she has MBD. Are you sure this was a fall?

That’s what she said, and she dusts her insects without D3 and once a month with D3, her lights are on the way,

So the chameleon was dropped before your friend actually got it from the person she was purchasing the chameleon from?
If so...The lady should have noticed that the bones broke and replaced the chameleon. I would not buy from that person again if that's the case.

I'm assuming thischameleon was purchased from a pet store? Many if ththe bigger stores have a health guarantee for x days. Your friend can see if this falls under the health guarantee, if nothing else, and would probably be offered at the very least a refund or even a replacenent if it was explained that the cham was dropped in store.

That's really awful. Not much can be done for broken bones to begin with, let alone in a growing baby :(

And I’m completely fine with answering questions to the best of my ability, I tagged her in this so she could help,

Ok hey my chameleon that I got was dropped twice once when she was at the store before I bought her and then she fell today in her enclosure so I picked her up and she looked like the picture above I can send you some videos if I can figure out how to do that just give me a sec

Back
Top Bottom