Background pictures for 24w x 24d x 48h habitat

Kronos

Established Member
My husband has been working on our large habitat for our baby Kronos. It is a screen cage, he’s putting plexiglass with holes around 3 sides of it, about 2 inches out from the habitat. Was wondering where you find a background picture for that size of habitat to put on the plexiglass or what you guys did to make a background picture? I’m thinking I’ll go to a printing place and get a picture of Madagascar printed large enough. It’s $9.00 a square foot. What are your thoughts? I figured he would like to have a native picture of his homeland. But maybe I’m just over thinking this.

I used a online print company to copy a image of a open source image of primordial forest of Madagascar to size of back panel of reptibreeze xl and attached it inside.the material is foamex pvc I paid extra for he UV matt protection too

I used a shower curtain and cut it to size. Cheap and works good. Amazon has a lot of options.

Attachments

• 257C9721-F4A6-4577-8AE4-123210362AEE.jpeg
    257C9721-F4A6-4577-8AE4-123210362AEE.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 264
  • DB01161A-8FC9-481F-8767-5574B2F56D19.jpeg
    DB01161A-8FC9-481F-8767-5574B2F56D19.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 219
I still love my white pvc sides... Reflects the light all the way down to the bottom plants. Very easy to clean. In like a month that it has been set up the growth rate on my plants has gone crazy. Money tree sits above basking level pothos taking off and the draceana at the top is clear up to the screen now. Left pic is right after set up right is now. Very big difference from not having the white panels prior.

IMG_5061.jpg IMG_5180.JPG

I still love my white pvc sides... Reflects the light all the way down to the bottom plants. Very easy to clean. In like a month that it has been set up the growth rate on my plants has gone crazy. Money tree sits above basking level pothos taking off and the draceana at the top is clear up to the screen now. Left pic is right after set up right is now. Very big difference from not having the white panels prior.

View attachment 274366 View attachment 274367
IMG_5180.JPG

Gads... how could you even see that?
[Heavy Sigh...] My eyes used to be that good—Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

there used to be a series of "find the cham' threads. Its died down over the years, Im not even sure if there is a cham in the first pic...

Plus i make micro electronics under a microscope for a living, so all day i play "spot the odd one" in a see of squares :)

Does it mildew up. Jb i decided not to get shower curtain as the shower curtain on my actual shower gets replaced every year. Not because of fashion but because it gets discoloured along bottom edge
Time will tell, I guess. Depending on the installation method, I would think cleaning it on an enclosure would be easier (and far less grody) than a shower. We used to replace them too, but now our shower has a solid door—a different proposition! :oops:

Time will tell, I guess. Depending on the installation method, I would think cleaning it on an enclosure would be easier (and far less grody) than a shower. We used to replace them too, but now our shower has a solid door—a different proposition! :oops:
Yeah could be soap sudds & shampoos etc i guess more than water causing discoloration. My background is a solid being foamex so same proposition different applications ?

Back
Top Bottom