Terrarium background

OliFC9

I just bought a terrarium for my chameleon and it’s came with a background but it’s made out of some sort of polystyrene kind of material. I don’t want bits breaking off and harming the chameleon. I’ll attach a picture but do you guys think I should keep it or remove it and get a rainforest printed background.

on another note would you guys recommend putting the thermostat sensor on the inside of the terrarium in the basking area or on the mesh roof where the light will be shining. I’ve seen Loads of different ways of doing it and I’m wondering which is better?

Attachments

• F664625C-9359-4055-8125-D90C9F1BA6AA.jpeg
    F664625C-9359-4055-8125-D90C9F1BA6AA.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 66
  • E7394B8A-35C7-4474-892A-85D72CFA05B5.jpeg
    E7394B8A-35C7-4474-892A-85D72CFA05B5.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 68
I don't have any experience with foam backgrounds so I'll let someone else comment on that. I use waterproof printed backgrounds.

I would look into getting a temperature gun instead of using a thermostat sensor.

I don't have any experience with foam backgrounds so I'll let someone else comment on that. I use waterproof printed backgrounds.

I would look into getting a temperature gun instead of using a thermostat sensor.
Hiya. I have a temperature gun as well this is just to keep the basking temperature the right level in that area because it’s a dimming one and I’m just not sure where to put it. :)

I just bought a terrarium for my chameleon and it’s came with a background but it’s made out of some sort of polystyrene kind of material. I don’t want bits breaking off and harming the chameleon. I’ll attach a picture but do you guys think I should keep it or remove it and get a rainforest printed background.

on another note would you guys recommend putting the thermostat sensor on the inside of the terrarium in the basking area or on the mesh roof where the light will be shining. I’ve seen Loads of different ways of doing it and I’m wondering which is better?
I have seen people use those backgrounds... I have no first hand experience with how they hold up though.

I recommend a wired gauge with probe tied in at basking so it picks up the real ambient air temp rather then the surface temp.

I have seen people use those backgrounds... I have no first hand experience with how they hold up though.

I recommend a wired gauge with probe tied in at basking so it picks up the real ambient air temp rather then the surface temp.
Ah I see I will try and set something like that up once I have a basking area set up. Thanks for the advice ?

Back
Top Bottom