Baby Werners!

lisa h

I am the proud caretaker of 13 shiny new baby werners. What's strange is that I was going to post here last night to say that I thought she had reabsorbed as she was not nearly the size she was when I got her in the beginning of August. Imagine my surprise when I got up late this morning and saw her sitting under her basking light, where she rarely does. She was looking all around and I noticed wee ones up on the screen. Oh my! Two were still in the sac, but they managed to get breathing with a little help. Thanks Trace for telling me how to "drop" them. I doubt they would have made it on their own. Two were pretty intent on "killing" me, but I managed to overpower them LOL. I have a whole whack of fruit flies, and I'm waiting on a bunch of pinheads, which I hope will come next week.

I know they have a high mortality rate, but I'm hoping that at least a few make it.

Mom is doing awesome, and ate like a pig once she was done giving birth.

And for those wondering, no, I don't have pictures. I've tried to get pictures up here before, I'm never able to load anything. I don't have the time to figure it out.

Congrats on the babies.
I wish you a lot of luck with them.

Don't feel bad about the whole lack of photos thing...
I wound up buying the wrong part today for my computer and will still be unable to post any new photos for at least another day.
I don't know what is more cute: babies or my panther rushing after a silk moth in the video I just shot.

Let us know how they are doing.

Harry

Neat stuff!

Well mom certainly waited a long time didn't she! She will be thirsty so make sure she has plenty of water and give her some good gutloaded bugs too - she deserves it. Good luck with those neonates. You can start feeding those guys right away as well.

Cheers,
T

P.S. Pics would be good! I can always post some for you if you are busy and/or help you get your gallery set-up here. You know where to find me.

Well mom certainly waited a long time didn't she! She will be thirsty so make sure she has plenty of water and give her some good gutloaded bugs too - she deserves it. Good luck with those neonates. You can start feeding those guys right away as well.

Cheers,
T

P.S. Pics would be good! I can always post some for you if you are busy and/or help you get your gallery set-up here. You know where to find me.

Yes, I know where to find you. If it's Saturday aft you will be on the couch napping, so don't call LOL. Thanks for the offer to post pics, but another member has offered to post them for me, so when I get off my butt I will send some to her. You guys are great!

I haven't seen mom drink, but she's got a dripper going all day, and I mist HRH several times a day. She downed 10 or so crickets this aft. The princess prefers that I offer her the feeding cup, as opposed to her going over and finding it herself. Not that she's spoiled or anything :rolleyes:

Because I honestly thought she had reabsorbed, I wasn't very prepared. Babies were together in one bin until tonight when I set up seperate containers, plants, etc. These little things are *active*!! Holy! Way more than the Sternfeldi, and, of course, more than the pygmies (what isn't?!). I've already had some escapees, but I foiled their attempts. Their colours are crazy at this age too.

I'm so happy I decided to get mom. It was not in the plan at all, but she is more than I hoped for. The babies make it even more special!

Thanks for the congrats and well wishes everyone. I wish I had even a little of the experience many of the keepers on this list have, but I endevour to do my best with the wee ones. I will keep everyone up to date, and I have folks that will help me out with posting pics.

Back
Top Bottom