Baby Veiled Chameleon

dtwenty3

I bought my female veiled chameleon on 6/24/2012 she hasn't ate since I brought her home but she has been drinking water.. I put her in a Tupperware with some crickets and she still wouldn't eat. She's really small about a few weeks I'm guessing ......the fellas at the pet store weren't the most helpful or friendliest! Please Help! She's in a terrarium with a hibiscus and a vine and some sticks also a dripper and shes been staying at the top by the lights. :(:confused:

I bought my female veiled chameleon on 6/24/2012 she hasn't ate since I brought her home but she has been drinking water.. I put her in a Tupperware with some crickets and she still wouldn't eat. She's really small about a few weeks I'm guessing ......the fellas at the pet store weren't the most helpful or friendliest! Please Help! She's in a terrarium with a hibiscus and a vine and some sticks also a dripper and shes been staying at the top by the lights. :(:confused:

sense you only got her yesterday try to give her some time to settle in 99% of chams will be very stressed their first couple days and wont eat just keep offering her food sooner or later she will eat she just has to get used to you and her new place.

also try to post some pics here so that we can see your setup and her.

It can take a few days to 2 weeks for your cham to acclimate to its new home. Please complete the how to ask for help form (below) so we can see if everything looks OK.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

sense you only got her yesterday try to give her some time to settle in 99% of chams will be very stressed their first couple days and wont eat just keep offering her food sooner or later she will eat she just has to get used to you and her new place.

also try to post some pics here so that we can see your setup and her.
gotcha' thanks! and i will post pictures right now! :)

MEET CHAMELLE ;)
photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

for those of you more experienced than I, is this Ficus too big for her and her terrarium?

How big is the space between her eyes? The pinheads/FF may be too small. She looks about the same size as mine when I got him and he started with 1/4 in crickets.

Also, clear tupperware is not the best for feeding. You should use a non-transparent bowl or cup.

How big is the space between her eyes? The pinheads/FF may be too small. She looks about the same size as mine when I got him and he started with 1/4 in crickets.

Also, clear tupperware is not the best for feeding. You should use a non-transparent bowl or cup.
The space between her eyes is very small I will post a picture of that when I get home. In the picture I first posted of her she seems a little bigger because I zoomed in, here are some other pictures ...

& the tupperware was just a little tiny clear round one similiar to the worm feeders you would put in a terrarium.

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Clear containers are not good for feeding chams. They can see the crix from the outside and could try to shoot at them. When they hit the bowl instead of the crix, it will piss her off. There is also the possibility of tongue injury due to improper depth perception caused by seeing things through the bowl.

Back
Top Bottom