Baby Veiled Cage

kirekameleon

This will have to be my set up for a week until I can get to a store (I don't drive). I did the best I could with what I could find. Notice above the cage I have to cut out the top which I am going to do tonight. Still thinking about it and I do not have a jigsaw, but a circular saw. I am getting a baby Calyptratus Friday, what is the smallest dome fixture I could get away with. I have one that is 10" across, I think you can get 8" but could I get a 6" dome fixture due to room and still have no problem getting my 80 -82 degrees. I have to cut out my rectangle for my 18" tube fixture, maybe I do need a jigsaw. Just think what is the smallest dome fixture I can get away with, I already have a 10" spare but do I really need it, when I can add it to the cage next to it. I plan on using normal house bulbs til I get my wanted temperature. Just curious how other would set up there lighting. Maybe UVB in the back, heat up front or vice versa? I would not mind a few suggestions before I cut anything up. I have to stay away from those front magnets too.

kire

Attachments

• 100_3415.jpg
    100_3415.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 96
As far as the size of dome light, I would do whatever fits with the uvb fixture. Is the front glass or plex glass? If it is plex glass you can drill some small air holes in it for more air. If you want to put lots of holes in just put a small piece of screen over them. Where are you? You set up looks more Uk than US to me. I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby.:)

Back
Top Bottom