Homemade Enclosure progress pics

Looks awesome! I wish I had the skill set to make something like that!
You do. Trust me. The biggest hurdle I had was pushing myself to do it. I really don't do anything like this. I kept it as simple as basic as I could for me to do it my own way, while still accomplishing getting it to be how I want it so that I can set it up.

You can easily do this without making wood joints. That was the one thing that I'd say truly required some skill, which I don't have. My joints on this are awful. If you saw the enclosure in person you'd see that better IMO. But if I had the right tools and perfect wood, it would have been better. With that being said I used wood glue to seal the joints together, and then secured them with screws. So it doesn't look great, but the functionality is there and functionality is what I focused on here the most.

The #1 tool if I were to do this all over again, would be a flat blade for my table saw (you can get cheap table saws that work well at lowes/home depot!). If I had a flat blade I am confident I'd nail those joints. I also was on a time constraint, so I had to rush myself at times and had to "settle" for some of the work I did. If you plan this super far in advance, take your time, get the right tools, it honestly would be much easier than you'd think.

If you decide to give it a shot, shoot me a message and I will walk you through as much as I can. Don't be afraid. You can start very simple like I did, and simply make a cuboid structure to begin with, measuring to fit the space you have for it, and then go from there.

You do. Trust me. The biggest hurdle I had was pushing myself to do it. I really don't do anything like this. I kept it as simple as basic as I could for me to do it my own way, while still accomplishing getting it to be how I want it so that I can set it up.

You can easily do this without making wood joints. That was the one thing that I'd say truly required some skill, which I don't have. My joints on this are awful. If you saw the enclosure in person you'd see that better IMO. But if I had the right tools and perfect wood, it would have been better. With that being said I used wood glue to seal the joints together, and then secured them with screws. So it doesn't look great, but the functionality is there and functionality is what I focused on here the most.

The #1 tool if I were to do this all over again, would be a flat blade for my table saw (you can get cheap table saws that work well at lowes/home depot!). If I had a flat blade I am confident I'd nail those joints. I also was on a time constraint, so I had to rush myself at times and had to "settle" for some of the work I did. If you plan this super far in advance, take your time, get the right tools, it honestly would be much easier than you'd think.

If you decide to give it a shot, shoot me a message and I will walk you through as much as I can. Don't be afraid. You can start very simple like I did, and simply make a cuboid structure to begin with, measuring to fit the space you have for it, and then go from there.
Thank you for the information and support! I’ll reach out when I’m ready to make my own. I’m hoping to build some outdoor enclosures next year. 🤞🏻

Thank you for the information and support! I’ll reach out when I’m ready to make my own. I’m hoping to build some outdoor enclosures next year. 🤞🏻
No problem. When you're ready shoot me a DM. We can start with what tools you'll need, then see what your wood options are and go from there :D

Back
Top Bottom