Baby superworms

missjay78

So....I got my chameleon very small superworms. They are about an inch long. I tried to introduce and my cham wanted nothing to do with it. Freaked out and went as fast as she could in another direction. Will it just take time for her to get used to it? Also while I was trying to clean out her cage, she was basking in the sun on the extra hybiscus plant and she was catching flies like it was her business. It was the most i've seen her eat since I've gotten her which was about a month ago. Do I need to be worried?

Yeah, one of my guys was like that at first, as he got a little older he wasn't as much intimidated by them and now he can't get enough of them! Just give it time! My guys always snatch flies from outside with no issues, so I also wouldn't worry too much about that. The only possible issue to worry about would be pesticides passed to the flies, but I wouldn't worry too much.

My baby panther does this exact thing to the dubia nymphs I bought, he'll even puff up and open his mouth at them. I'm hoping he gets over it soon, I bought two cups of them and need him to eat them :p haha.

Oh good! Thank you guys for your answers. I feel alot better :)
@xVashtaNeradax...good luck with the dubia numphs. Let me know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom