Baby Panther Pics!

ShortStack

New Baby Panther... Still deciding on a name ... :confused:

6.jpg

3.jpg

You can see a hint of green near his nose...
2.jpg

5.jpg

And my favorite...
1.jpg

Enjoy! Feedback always welcome!

Thank you... I have had him for about 4 days now... Doesnt seem to eat too many crickets but LOVES D. Hydei Fruit flies... He is An Ambilobe from Chameleon Company (Central Florida, about 3-4 hours away).

He was born March 26th. I had the chance to pick up a little larger chameleon although I thought it would be WAYY cooler to see him change when he grows.

I actually have kinda a question... I have him in a larger cage (18,18,24) and he seems to be darker sometimes.... but when i place him in a larger "critter carrier"... he gets nice and light like the pictures you see and seems to be a little more content...

He is doing better (color wise) today in his bigger cage... but that was just something I noticed his first few days.

As long as he's able to find his food he'll be ok. The young ones do tend to stay dark longer during the day than the juvies or adults will. They are just trying to warm up. I keep all my babies under 2 months in plastic tubs. I just cut air holes in each end and screen those. And I cut the top out and screen it also. That will work til they hit about the 2 month mark normally. Then i put them in screen cages. But if he's hunting and eatting normally I'd just leave him to the screen cage.

Maybe buy a mantis ooth or two and hatch those out for him. Baby chams love newly hatched mantis. Gives them another feeding option also other than cricks or ff's. Several members sell them on the forum. I just got 4 ooths from forum member Pssh a few weeks ago. My two babies im raising loved the mantis nymphs.

I was told that babies like a smaller enclosure until about 4-5 months because it holds a better/higher humidity.

As long as he's able to find his food he'll be ok. The young ones do tend to stay dark longer during the day than the juvies or adults will. They are just trying to warm up. I keep all my babies under 2 months in plastic tubs. I just cut air holes in each end and screen those. And I cut the top out and screen it also. That will work til they hit about the 2 month mark normally. Then i put them in screen cages. But if he's hunting and eatting normally I'd just leave him to the screen cage.

Maybe buy a mantis ooth or two and hatch those out for him. Baby chams love newly hatched mantis. Gives them another feeding option also other than cricks or ff's. Several members sell them on the forum. I just got 4 ooths from forum member Pssh a few weeks ago. My two babies im raising loved the mantis nymphs.

truthfully mantids are waaaay easier than fruit flys, only prob is feeding the mantids for guy load..they eat the other feeders!! :D lol

Back
Top Bottom