Baby panther chameleon setup cleaning tips?

bloftis1

Avid Member
Any tips on how you guys clean ur babies cages everyday? As some of you know I have 20+ babies haha. So any tips since I am cleaning it everyday.

Well, I only have 3 and they are pooping up a storm so I have resorted to paper towels on the bottom and moving them to clean. I’m sure you have a ton of ? with 20 :hilarious:.

Any tips on how you guys clean ur babies cages everyday? As some of you know I have 20+ babies haha. So any tips since I am cleaning it everyday.
I too use paper towels on the bottom. I've actually transitioned from using bins to now using butterfly cages. The butterfly cages have 5 mesh sides and a clear plastic panel on one of the long [tall?] Sides. I turn them sideways so they aren't so tall, plastic panel down. I add a bunch of small fluker vines and some cuttings of wandering jew.

That said, I also use a small bin as a "NICU" [my wife named it, she used to be a nurse]. Fresh hatchlings and slower developers stay in there. Then they transition to one of the 2 butterfly cages - one is for the bullies and bigger ones.

Currently I'm on my first time hatching and have 18 with 2 more to hatch out. The butterfly cages are about the only way to keep fruit flies and pin heads in and keep water from pooling. The butterfly cages just get spot cleaned daily and a deeper clean maybe twice a week.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom