Baby Panther Chameleon Feeding/Lighting??

She will not get lost in her viv, all those posts about it are from over protective “helicopter keepers” that freak out every time their Cham has a shed. You should have to try hard to find your Cham in her viv. Lots of foliage is especially important when they are young, need lots of hiding spots. Do what you want but that is how to keep your humidity in the correct range and steady.

She just used the bathroom for the first time (I fed her and she climbed onto my tongs and went right in front of me). I feel like I should be concerned due to that orange colour?
20180922_144732.jpg

Not concerned but something you defanitly want to improve on. I would expect her to not be getting optimal hydration right now but over the next two weeks there should be gradual progress towards very little to no orange.

How do you hydrate her?

Not concerned but something you defanitly want to improve on. I would expect her to not be getting optimal hydration right now but over the next two weeks there should be gradual progress towards very little to no orange.

How do you hydrate her?

I mist her cage several times a day (I know only 2-3 times but I also had low humidity in my house so I mist more). I've seen her drinking from her leaves but not much (which I don't expect either as she acclimates to her new home). She urinated as well so I know she's not too dehydrated.

I mist her cage several times a day (I know only 2-3 times but I also had low humidity in my house so I mist more). I've seen her drinking from her leaves but not much (which I don't expect either as she acclimates to her new home). She urinated as well so I know she's not too dehydrated.
What do you mean she urinated as well?

What do you mean she urinated as well?
After ahe defecated, a little drop of urine (with a feint yellow tint) came out as well. Looked on another forum about it and was said that, that's normal and meaning she is hydrated. Her urine was similar to the picture below.
Screenshot_20180923-102826.png

Ok just wanted to make sure you understood that the white solids were the urine, not the liquid.(y)
She's only eating maybe 3-4 crickets per day and when I looked at her today, I noticed I could see her ribcage. I'm a bit alarmed worrying that she's not eating as much as she should. But I'm hoping that her not eating a lot is because she's still not acclimated? I have a cup of superworms at the bottom but she seems only interested in crickets. She even lets me know when she's done eating because she'll move away from me. I provided a picture but it's a bit hard to see being I didn't want to get so close up on her to take it..

Maybe I'm just stressing myself out but I would rather be safe than sorry lol..
20180924_195301.jpg
20180924_200021.jpg

Just kidding!

Young chams have very little fat on their body. Just like human kids they are lean and mean due to the fact that all the calories they take in are put towards growing, not the creation of fat. I have several young chams and you can see the ribs on each of them.

They are trying to catch the moths on the outside of the window in the pics below...

1A822354-1D62-4E2E-8AFC-FC1B59BE09B7.jpeg
B6A5BA6B-F241-4B3A-8A67-50BC1797A625.jpeg
A31F9D41-C29B-4DA9-A675-0DC7E0BF6373.jpeg

I was going to tell you to go smoke some and quit worrying so much!
Hey! I just wanted to thank you (and everyone else) for helping me through all my worries with my chameleon. She's doing amazing; I was able to pull her out the other day to handle her (first time in two weeks). She was obviously nervous but did incredibly well. I plan on playing with her while my family helps clean and set up her viv.

20181007_134028.jpg
20181007_134120.jpg

Hey! I just wanted to thank you (and everyone else) for helping me through all my worries with my chameleon. She's doing amazing; I was able to pull her out the other day to handle her (first time in two weeks). She was obviously nervous but did incredibly well. I plan on playing with her while my family helps clean and set up her viv.

View attachment 215329 View attachment 215330
You are quite welcome. Just keep in mind cams are not fond of “playing.” Hate to see you loose all the progress you made...

You are quite welcome. Just keep in mind cams are not fond of “playing.” Hate to see you loose all the progress you made...
Oh, I know! When I say "playing", it means when she comes out. I've only had her out once for less than five minutes (pics above). And I was going bring her onto my front porch and set her down on my umbrella plant (keeping my eye on her of course) while her enclosure is being cleaned. Won't mess with her much for a few days so she can acclimate to the new setup!

And I've actually known a few chams that didn't mind coming out to say "hi" from time to time when I've offered my hand! Very rare though lol :'p

Hey! So she's doing fine but I noticed today that her right nostril looks like it's almost clogged? It's completely white as to what I can see? I'm hoping it's not a respiratory infection but it seems like it is. She acts the same as she normally does but I'm extremely worried.. if I can get pictures of it, I will. But she's hiding in foliage and I'd rather not disturb her..

Hey! So she's doing fine but I noticed today that her right nostril looks like it's almost clogged? It's completely white as to what I can see? I'm hoping it's not a respiratory infection but it seems like it is. She acts the same as she normally does but I'm extremely worried.. if I can get pictures of it, I will. But she's hiding in foliage and I'd rather not disturb her..
Go to the vet

Could just be heavy salt deposits. She should sneeze it out if it is. RI’s will include mouth gaping, and harsh, “popping/cackling” sounds during breathing.

Could just be heavy salt deposits. She should sneeze it out if it is. RI’s will include mouth gaping, and harsh, “popping/cackling” sounds during breathing.
So then it's fairly normal and, I'm assuming, healthy? She's not experiencing any of those symptoms, so that's good lol.. Is there any time I should be concerned about the salt build up? Or will she just sneeze it out on her own time?

So then it's fairly normal and, I'm assuming, healthy? She's not experiencing any of those symptoms, so that's good lol.. Is there any time I should be concerned about the salt build up? Or will she just sneeze it out on her own time?
Do you spray her directly with mistings? That will dissolve it also.

Back
Top Bottom