Baby Chameleons Purchasing

OliFC9

Hi everyone so this is my first post on here. In the last few weeks I’ve been doing tonnes of research and I finally have everything I need to buy a chameleon. I’m very excited and I’m looking to buy a panther for various reasons and I live in the UK so there isn’t as many options with breeders near me etc. I have found a breeder of some sort near me who is selling the babies they are going to be 5-6 weeks old when they are ready to be rehomed she said but from some research I’ve found this may be too young and I would have an hours drive to get it home too. The last thing I want to do is harm the chameleon or get an unhealthy one so I was wondering what people think. Do I buy this one at 5-6 weeks old or keep searching reptile and chameleon stores for a juvenile. Thanks guys

Your suspicion is right. Too young, unless you have experience with babies. Generally they are considered fragile at that age. The accepted standard is 3 months-ish in the States. But it may be different in the U.K.? Maybe some U.K. owners could weigh in

Your suspicion is right. Too young, unless you have experience with babies. Generally they are considered fragile at that age. The accepted standard is 3 months-ish in the States. But it may be different in the U.K.? Maybe some U.K. owners could weigh in
Not in the UK but you are correct. They are much too fragile until at least 3 months old. A responsible breeder would follow this ‘standard’ regardless of their location.

Thanks for confirming that, I’ll keep looking until I find one over 3 months old :)

Back
Top Bottom