AWFUL Christmas Present ::Chicken Pox

laurie

Retired Moderator
Well my Christmas present is by far the worst ever! I started with a rash three days ago. It was driving me nuts so I went to the ER to get something. Well I did get something - the news that I have Chicken Pox. Merry Christmas indeed. I will now stay home and feel sorry for myself.

I'm sorry to hear that Laurie! I hope you get better soon! Did they give you anything to help with it?

Chase

Yikes! That really sucks; Oatmeal baths are an old time remedy for the itching but I do not know if they really work or not! Feel better soon.:(

:eek: oh no - you are suppose to ask Santa for those when you are 7 :p seriously tho- those things are no fun - I will send you some goodies to make you feel better :D and I have your vines ready too :)

:eek: oh no - you are suppose to ask Santa for those when you are 7 :p seriously tho- those things are no fun - I will send you some goodies to make you feel better :D and I have your vines ready too :)

The vines would be wonderful right now, I could hang myself to stop the itching. All my life I have been immune to childhood disease, and now I am not the DR told us. One happy day!!

Last edited:
:( That's awful, Laurie. I hope you feel better, really soon. I used calamine lotion on my kids when they had it. It seemed to help. I think it helped to dry out the blisters as well as the itching.

I'm so sorry to hear this Laurie! I had them when I was about 12, and remember that it was awful. I was told to "sweat it out" of my system, but am guessing that's a lot harder for you in Montana in the winter. We're thinking of you, and hoping you feel better soon!!! Ice cream helps - it soothes the soul :D

I'm so sorry to hear this Laurie! I had them when I was about 12, and remember that it was awful. I was told to "sweat it out" of my system, but am guessing that's a lot harder for you in Montana in the winter. We're thinking of you, and hoping you feel better soon!!! Ice cream helps - it soothes the soul :D

I think that might be the answer, Ice cream. Now if I can get hubby to drive 125 miles each way to ColdStones, I might be better. :)

Wow, that's awful. Is it chicken pox or shingles? Neither is very fun. Sorry.

On the Bright side, I picked up my quad yesterday:)so far, so good. Drinking lots. I'll take some pictures soon.

Feel better!

You could always watch The Call of the Midwife Christmas Special. It is about a chicken pox breakout. Coincidince or...... Feel better:)

Back
Top Bottom