Awesome National Geogrphic video

addicted

Established Member
I just found this awesome clip from National Geographic on YouTube. I've never seen a chameleon actually come out of the egg!
Seems like the perfect place for Mom to have laid them, complete with a buffet table!;)

Last edited:
Wow they look so adorable when they are so small and helpless.

Does anyone have the Chameleons of Madagascar DVD that is advertised on this forum? If so how is it?

The Chameleons of Madagascar DVD is a MUST OWN if you are interested in Chams... Some of the coolest footage I have ever seen... along with a Great Naration full of Valuable info. I had never seen a Giant Yellow Lipped Parsonii Head Bob for the ladies... It is an amazing sight. Not to mention...The price for the DVD is incredibly affordable for what it is. I have watched it countless times... and I still enjoy it everytime.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this video! I'm soon getting the Maddy vid! can't wait

its well worth the $24 or whatever it costs..ive watched it like 10 times..lol 80mins of non stop chameleon action.. man im a geek.....i just wish they would have focused a little more on furcifer pardalis.

I have zero experience with Flapnecks... I would be interested to know what the incubation time in a controlled captive environment is from anyone who has hatched some. It wouldn't think be anywhere near a year.

Anyone know what the avg incubation time in the wild is for F. Pardalis? I imagine that would be a difficult thing to record. Has anyone tried to recreate a "wild style" incubation in captivity. That would be an interesting project. I would love to try but I have never been to Maddy to record soil temps through different parts of the year.

I am going to do some research into this...In the meantime maybe this topic would be worthy of a discussion thread.

Back
Top Bottom