Atticus and the new parsons enclosures.

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
It’s been a while since I’ve posted about the parsons,
They were moved from old smaller enclosures into a new purpose build shed, both have large floor to ceiling enclosures, 7ft long, planted and with their own access to outdoor 6ft long sunrooms for warmer days. The shed is also fitted with improved ventilation with windows and built in extraction fan so I can keep temperatures down and cool at night.
Their old houses which were 5ft long now house my veiled and panther so they are happy and also have their own access out to individual 6ft sunrooms.
The other side of the shed now has three condos, housing a xanth, a porcus false chameleon and Nemo a kinyonga boehmei.
These two parsons seem to take change and moving quite hard and took a long time to settle in but they finally have and I am confident that this summer will see them do well and contribute to grow.
Atticus, CBB 15 was 60g when I got him back in summer 16, he is now 500g and unbelievably impressive, he doesn’t like being looked at and starts to stress fairly easily but tolerates handling well.
The female is still 500g despite being tricky to feed for a while but she is getting back on form now.
They seem to take up a lot of time and space and in the summer I spend even longer with them, letting them out in the sun, adjusting their shading for the days weather, misting sessions etc, I’m their personal attendant all day but despite the work and the stress of being guardians to these creatures they are worth it and I do feel privileged to work with them.
I’m so proud of Atticus, he was such a funny little duckling and is growing to be a Swan.
Complete with calci fly.

Little baby Atticus.
2A935D08-E9FE-4AF5-B677-CC0245F5BD20.jpeg

D5994289-6DFE-409A-89C5-9CF5C867509F.jpeg

88DD7BB0-43CB-4AC9-9EC7-A46D1FBCFA40.jpeg

Females enclosure is straight ahead but the enclosure goes around the corner to the right but half is hidden from view. Female at top of enclosure.
266F05A3-09A6-4357-80FB-C481B5867EBF.jpeg

85844EB1-31C0-469F-87C7-B608D71EDE41.jpeg
36F5073B-7BAF-45D7-A6C9-9BACE112E82F.jpeg

I totally agree with Remkon. You do such a fantastic job in everything that you do. The parsons are looking gorgeous and so healthy and their homes are just totally awesome.
Thank you so much Jann, that means a great great deal, I tried to be as prepared as possible when I got them but I never thought they would need quite so much but it’s a chance of a lifetime isn’t it.
I’ve been through thinking I couldn’t cope with them and the responsibility of keeping such animals but I’m really enjoying them more than ever now and I can’t wait to see them outdoors every day hopefully right up to October in the sun.. well...shade.;)
Thank you.

A wonderful setup with so many nice details. I'm sure they will continue to thrive now that they are getting over the newness. "Change is different and therefore bad" is their motto.
Thank you for your comments, yes, they did find changing houses difficult which is understandable, I suppose I’m spoilt in the fact that my panther and veiled are bomb proof and when they moved into the old parsons houses they were totally fine and eating instantly!
Even trimming a few leaves back is viewed with great suspicion for the parsons! :rolleyes::)

Great job! The indoor enclosures turned out amazing. Wasn't there an outside part of your shed for your Calumma parsonii parsonii? Could you post pictures of the sun rooms?
Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Thank you Jeremy, very kind of you.
the first reptile shed wasn’t adaptable enough so one day I had a ‘clever’ idea:rolleyes::( of saving and buying another shed tailored just to the parsons,
I tried very hard to get these new indoor enclosures more suited to a parsons habit, so a wide range of branch sizes and touch wood, no pinkfoot, nice easy walk ways and lots of easy connecting branches for easier access from one level to another, the plants love it in there, so nice cover, it was difficult to workout layout as the sunrooms could only be on one side and both houses needed access via hatches out there, it wasn’t ideal but there was no other option, the sunrooms have not yet been fitted with branches, mistkings, rubber matting incase they fall, shading, a dividing panel, or plants as it’s u.k winter but it’s warm enough soon for them to come out for a few hours, the panels in the sun rooms are removable for uv and need meshing so still a way to go.
So not much to show but they are a nice size for them and I look forward to letting them out.
Thank you.
2473D006-8075-480C-AD47-7640DC67C1EC.jpeg

SHOW OFF! :coffee: LOL...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey Tabitha your boy turn out to be amazing reminds me of mines boy:(... I love your enclosures I also noticed the female in her home and your boy in his.. Looks like in another 2 or 3 years you’ll be Ready for the next step. On how to become a grandma:D... Best wishes..

SHOW OFF! :coffee: LOL...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey Tabitha your boy turn out to be amazing reminds me of mines boy:(... I love your enclosures I also noticed the female in her home and your boy in his.. Looks like in another 2 or 3 years you’ll be Ready for the next step. On how to become a grandma:D... Best wishes..

Hello Felix, oh that means a lot that he looks like your boy:(,
Yes they were in amongst the plants hiding away but you spotted them! Yes, still a way to go before being a grandma, I don’t know if I would as I don’t think there’s enough people here that would want a parsons here, if I do I’ll send you one! :) But you’ll have a bit of a wait.
Hoping you are well. Best wishes to you too.

Back
Top Bottom