Attacking rings and shy things?

Darc

Has anyone else ever noticed that their chams don't like rings? If my veiled sees my engagement ring she automatically flares up and tries to attack it, so I've started just taking it off when handling her, but I thought it was rather curious. She also shot her tongue at the camera today. Do they just not like shiny things?

Has anyone else ever noticed that their chams don't like rings? If my veiled sees my engagement ring she automatically flares up and tries to attack it, so I've started just taking it off when handling her, but I thought it was rather curious. She also shot her tongue at the camera today. Do they just not like shiny things?

They are attracted to shiny items because they look like water droplets. But, they often get upset at shiny surfaces because of a distorted reflection. I know your ring is not going to reflect an image of a cham (unless it is a HUGE multi carat thing:D) but it is moving as your hand moves, it is glinty and shiny, and might just look strange to the cham.

They are attracted to shiny items because they look like water droplets. But, they often get upset at shiny surfaces because of a distorted reflection. I know your ring is not going to reflect an image of a cham (unless it is a HUGE multi carat thing:D) but it is moving as your hand moves, it is glinty and shiny, and might just look strange to the cham.

I figured it was probably just strange to her because no it's not impressive enough to reflect her. =P Was just curious if others had noticed the same behavior. Plus I found it interesting that she attacked the camera with her tongue...was she trying to eat it or will they really try to defend themselves with their tongues?

mine doesn't stick his tongue out at the camera lense but she sure seems to think its the perfect climbing branch as she will go out of her way to try and climb on it lol

My female aims at my painted fingernails and has shot at them a couple of times. She is OBSESSED with food - she even takes aim at the sparkly bits on my glasses, lol! Whenever I walk up to her viv to look at her she starts poking her tongue out ready just in case I have food!:rolleyes: She has also tried to shoot at my watch when I've been poop scooping in her viv!

It doesn't even seem like she's wanting to eat it though. She opens her mouth and flares up and then was like...what does camera taste like?! lol It really was rather amusing. She did it to my hand the other day as well. Maybe she's just silly and likes to taste things. =D

Back
Top Bottom