Attaching plants to walls

Established Member
So I’ve been here for a while but wasn’t active for a bit due to the passing of my past chameleon (previous owner didn’t give him what he needed and I was a first time cham owner, I was dumb enough to get him, but here we are). But I plan on getting a panther a little bit after Christmas, but I’ve got a dilemma.
So you see I have a 2x2x4 hybrid cage (zen habitats) that I should be getting for Christmas with all of the other things I need, but I was thinking, and now I’m wondering what in the world am I gonna use to put live plants up in the taller part of the cage? I was looking at dragon strand ledges but I’m not sure on how those work and how I’d put the plants up there. And I don’t want plants all in a row, I want them looking kinda natural with how they’re placed yk. But yeah other than that, I’d look forward to some cham pics in about a month or two 😉

So I’ve been here for a while but wasn’t active for a bit due to the passing of my past chameleon (previous owner didn’t give him what he needed and I was a first time cham owner, I was dumb enough to get him, but here we are). But I plan on getting a panther a little bit after Christmas, but I’ve got a dilemma.
So you see I have a 2x2x4 hybrid cage (zen habitats) that I should be getting for Christmas with all of the other things I need, but I was thinking, and now I’m wondering what in the world am I gonna use to put live plants up in the taller part of the cage? I was looking at dragon strand ledges but I’m not sure on how those work and how I’d put the plants up there. And I don’t want plants all in a row, I want them looking kinda natural with how they’re placed yk. But yeah other than that, I’d look forward to some cham pics in about a month or two 😉
If you get the dragon strand ledges, what you can do is put branches vertically going up and down the ledges on either side. That way you can attach pots on various vertical spots going up and down. Someone on the forums had a good picture let me see if I can find it.

Something like this :

8b3905c1279c72693740c8eb989d92ac.jpg

Naturalistic-Medium-Tall-Keeper-640.jpg

This can be be achieved without the ledges too. Some people like to put lattice on the inside screen to attach plants and also to prevent screen climbing.

Ohhhh alrighty I get it. Did they use zip ties to attach the pots onto the branches? This is probably what I’ll do
I used zip ties yes. Just make sure you cut the ends very short and I took a lighter and melted it down to avoid any sharp zip tie edges from cutting it.

If you really want to go the extra step and have time, you can also use pond foam and coconut fiber / dirt to make "floating" pots.

This is my setup. It's *not* as good as I'd like it to be because the chameleon that went into it had to be shipped to me on a very specific date and I didn't have time to do it as well as I would have liked.

Regardless of which way you attach things, for plants make sure to use the 2 pot method. You attach an empty plant pot and then can just slide a potted plant in/out. This makes it easy to change plants as needed.
I will definitely do that, thank youuu

Here are some ideas for branch & plant support. Some require anchoring to a frame—others do not.
FWIW, in a Zen hybrid, I would cut ceiling egg crate panels to cover both sides & back, and attach them to the frame. Pots can be attached with zip-ties or insulated wire. I have one on the back wall of my current enclosure, and both vines (pothos, phildendron, inchplant) and chameleon like climbing it. Picture is a bit old; the vines have filled in some more.

1638025563232.png

Back
Top Bottom