Attaching branches to reptibreeze screen

Mystique_Pepper

What is the best way to attach branches to a reptibreeze 24x24x48 screened tank? I tried to use push pins through the sceen but as soon as Chilli walks on them they come away from sreen, worried that he might get hurt if one falls down.Here is a view wht is done so far.

Attachments

• 107BB9DC-DCD8-48CE-8DE2-EA25DAB28FAA.jpeg
    107BB9DC-DCD8-48CE-8DE2-EA25DAB28FAA.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 529
nice set up, love pensive foam but that's too permanent for me lol, I would say go with fishing line, sturdy and pretty cheap

I’m cheap and I have kids, so I recycle every bit of those long plastic covered twist ties off their toy packaging. I’ve always been able to bury the pointy ends so Roz doesn’t get hurt. Florist wire and zip ties are awesome low cost options too.

I think it was @JacksJill that recommended to use magnets and I thought that was an amazing idea. Personally what I did was buy some branches from a hobby store or Michael's and made a verticle y type frame that slightly pushed on the sides and then built in the horizontal branches to add strength. I used zip ties to hold it together and even my 9 month old veiled doesn't have an issue. I will take some photos for you tomorrow. I just wish I knew about the magnet idea before all this because it is such an awesome idea.

I think it was @JacksJill that recommended to use magnets and I thought that was an amazing idea. Personally what I did was buy some branches from a hobby store or Michael's and made a verticle y type frame that slightly pushed on the sides and then built in the horizontal branches to add strength. I used zip ties to hold it together and even my 9 month old veiled doesn't have an issue. I will take some photos for you tomorrow. I just wish I knew about the magnet idea before all this because it is such an awesome idea.
I believe that was @Fiona's Mom

Sorry, I can't take credit for the magnet idea but it is a good one. I use chair leg caps wired to my screen or other features so I can easily slip branches in and out of them. Like this https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...red-to-climb-on-the-cage.162762/#post-1406143 not my pictures.

Now that is clever! What I've been doing for my screen enclosures recently is taking one eyelet screw for each end of the branch and screwing them into their respective ends before putting them in the enclosure. Then you can unscrew them, position the branch where you want it and simply twist the eyelet screws back into the branch from outside the screen. Sometimes it's a 2 person job because the cage can get in the way, but it results in nice a secure branches without the eyesore that (imo) things like zipties cause

Back
Top Bottom