Arrgh! Morio Worms

Slofe

So Isambard is a 4 year old veiled. I feed him about 2 or 3 times a week on locusts and morio worms. This diet has served him well and he seems to never tire of it, I guess he's just not that fussy. The problem I have is with the worms themselves. When they arrive fresh in the mail I chuck a leaf of Romaine lettuce in there and it's gone by the morning. I do this every couple of days. However, after about ten days the worms just stop eating the lettuce and I can never seem to make them eat it again, at least not all of it. Is this because I'm feeding them too much? They don't start to die out or anything but they do get a lot less lively, probably because they stopped eating the lettuce. Any idea on how to solve this? It's been bugging me for ages.

Maybe you are giving them more than enough food. Maybe they are actually fussier than your cham lol. You could try giving them different food as well. I don't keep morio worms but mealworms eat butternut squash and carrot and sweet peppers and loads of other stuff for me. Dandelion is a good leafy green that is relatively high calcium and locusts and worms will eat it......

Back
Top Bottom