Are they Parson's chameleons?

Well eventually we didn't want to meet him and pick them, just told him to send them, but once he just disappeared and nothing happened.

But I don't give up, and now I would like to buy Jackson's chameleons. And actually could you help me a little again please? I have the opportunity to buy one male and one female little Jackson's chameleons, can choose between 1 or 3 months old (this is a 100% reliable source now, a pet shop haha), so they could breed when they reach their maturity at being about 1 year old.
So my question is, what do you think, which ones should I buy, 1 month or 3 months old babies? And can I keep them together for a few months, before they reach maturity, and if yes when I should separate them for sure? And how big terrarium should I choose for them?

I know it's another topic, but I thought maybe I could ask it here too instead of posting a new thread and I would appreciate any help and experience again. Thank you!

In my personal opinion always go for older jacksons 3 months would be best, 5-6 months would be the even better options. Don't keep them together. Even breeders who have great success at raising them and having very little lost, most don't keep jackson babies together. Also you shouldn't be reaching for an age range for breeding, males can breed at a year old without much issue yes but we aren't worried as much about the male. Females need to be a certain weight and general size, and you need to make sure they are healthy all around before breeding. Babies do best when kept in individual containers or very small groups usually. That means you will have lots of smaller cages.

Glad you are OK and none of the predictions came true. Glad you are back to Jackson's because while Parson's are super cool chameleons with horns rule! (IMHO)
As Andee said the older the better for juveniles. At six months they are much more hardy.

Glad you are OK and none of the predictions came true. Glad you are back to Jackson's because while Parson's are super cool chameleons with horns rule! (IMHO)
As Andee said the older the better for juveniles. At six months they are much more hardy.

Yes, thank you very much! Actually I have the opportunity only to buy 3-4 month old little ones, but I'll do my best for them. I read a lot and I was thinking about placing the male into a 30x40 cm, the two females into a little bigger one. Then when they reached like 7 month, I would move the male into at least a 60x45x60 cm one, and the females into a bigger one. Do you think this plan would work out well? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Rule of thumb is one chameleon per cage, regardless of sex. There are some species where you can have more than one, like pygmies, but you're really better off with one chameleon per cage.

I'm assuming you are getting Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus. I would start the male in a 45cm (18in) X 45cm (18in) X90cm (36in). The females should have their own individual cages before very long. By 4 months they should be separated some folks say earlier. You could start the females in the 45x45x90 cm and then get a larger 60x60x120cm for the male and let the girls each have the 45x90 cm each. You will spend less on cages this way. Hope I converted the cm's right I don't use that unit much.
Are you planning on breeding them? I hope they aren't related if that is your plan.

Back
Top Bottom