Are they Parson's chameleons?

Cini

Hello everyone!

I wanted to buy a couple of Trioceros jacksoni jacksonii, I found an offer, where a guy would sell the male for 70 euros, and the female for 80 euros. When I asked for pictures of the chameleons, he sent me these, also said that with shipping it would be 280 euros in total. My question is, that I'm sure that they are not Trioceros species, but they really look like Parson's chameleons... or maybe panther chameleons, I'm not sure.
What do you guys think? He said they are 1 year old, and babies.

Thank you for your help in advance!

cham1.jpg cham2.jpg cham3.jpg cham4.jpg cham5.jpg cham6.jpg cham7.jpg

I would not trust that seller. Sounds like a scam to me. Like other posters said, those are Parsons, which are really expensive. I have a feeling, that if you send that seller a payment, you won't end up with anything. If you can pick them up in person, at a safe public place, that may be safer. But I bet the seller wouldn't agree to that.

Okay, I see, that's what I was afraid of as well... thank you all for your comments and advice!

Actually asked him about picking them up by car, and he said sure, I can pick them up. So it's getting even stranger... By the way he said he got his chameleons on an expo very cheap, and they are captive bred.

That is crazy. A pair of jacksonii jacksonii cost more for a pair than what he is wanting for a pair of OE.

Maybe he legitimately doesn't know what he has. Weird things happen. Once in college, a woman approached my brothers and I and asked if we needed a pool table. We were in college...so YEAH. We asked how much and she said $10. We thought she was being ridiculous. But, she was sincere and we got a brand new Brunswick pool table for $10. So crazy things happen. But, we later found out that the pool table was the pride and joy of her husband who she just figured out was cheating on her. I thought her move was brilliant. LOL.

But beware of the scammers of the world.

Thank you everyone for your advice and concern! Actually I have an update... they really are Parson's chameleons, and he is selling them for that price!
But... the thing is that this guy doesn't really know how to care these animals, and he just wants to "get rid of them". He keeps them on an ambient temperature of 27-28 °C, and they don't really get the needed nighttime drop either. So these poor things are not in the best shape... but the thing is that I will risk it, I want to try, I want to save them. So I would take them to the vet as soon as possible, but in the meantime how should I prepare the environment for them? As I know the daytime temp. should be at 24 °C (75 °F), and the nighttime at 15 °C (60 °F). So should I put them at 24 °C daytime temperature and give them the nighttime drop to 15 °C immediately when they are with me, or should I just lower the temperature for them slowly (because maybe they adjusted to the higher temperature a little)? And do you have any other, special advice I should do?
Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom