Are they all males?...or females???

Eltortu

Established Member
Could anyone tell me? They are about a year old and living in the same vivarium...

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

It's been a while since I've had to sex these guys but I want to say they are female. Take it with some skepticism, but I do think that they look female from how small the "fringes" are, in males they seem to be longer and more dramatic.

Only reason I'd have one of these is to feed it to my Melon :) Seeing as how they are pretty mean and hurt my Melon I won't ever own one of these. :p

But! I love them, they're so cool :)

You have males. Both sexes have fringes but females are noticeably longer.

Id suggest you either A. have them in a large tank with many hides and keep them fed (still a risk) or B. separate them

They will fight eventually despite what many will say and it usually ends up in death for the one that loses.

Last edited:
Oops, I see I got it backwards. I told you it had been a while! I could have sworn the males had the longer fringes.

You have males. Both sexes have fringes but females are noticeably longer.

Id suggest you either A. have them in a large tank with many hides and keep them fed (still a risk) or B. separate them

They will fight eventually despite what many will say and it usually ends up in death for the one that loses.

It's about be to gladiator in that scorpion cage.

Im really sorry, I have no idea what i was thinking earlier. Olimpia is correct. Females have shorter fringes and the males have longer.

Those look like females... I lost my only male a few months back to show you the differences but here is pics of two females i still have. Males have noticeably longer fringes. Sorry for the confusion.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Bam! I haven't lost my edge ;)
I haven't worked with scorpions in like 7 years, that's why I wasn't surprised if I had it backwards.

Hahaha, little brain fart on my part...We wont tell anyone right?

Edit: The second pic. Can you get a better picture of the scorpion facing flat? Its the only one i cant truly see the genital opening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom