Hello New here

Do_Gon

Can anyone tell me the sex of my baby panther? They'll be 3 months old on the 20th.

Attachments

• 20240411_070733.jpg
    20240411_070733.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240411_070827.jpg
    20240411_070827.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 7
Huh, I guess I didn't see that. I was going of the first picture more so, I thought I saw tarsal spurs 🤷‍♀️
So telling the gender with panther chameleons is totally different than veiled chameleons. Veileds you can tell pretty easily because the males will have tarsal spurs on the back feet. Panther chams do not have these. You can tell gender by how thick their tail base is. With females there is a more pronounced indent after the vent. Males it is a bit thicker and not as pronounced. Depending on age you can see a little bulge as well with males.

So telling the gender with panther chameleons is totally different than veiled chameleons. Veileds you can tell pretty easily because the males will have tarsal spurs on the back feet. Panther chams do not have these. You can tell gender by how thick their tail base is. With females there is a more pronounced indent after the vent. Males it is a bit thicker and not as pronounced. Depending on age you can see a little bulge as well with males.
Oh, okay. Thank you. I didn't know that. I guess I assumed they all, had tarsal spurs.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Now please note I could be wrong lol. But to me that looks like a female. :)
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying. I've watched plenty videos of how to determine their sex. Read articles. Searched online for hours. I know the method, but I'm just too new to see it for myself. That's my way of blaming my inexperience for what is probably just my old age creeping up on me. 😆

You said…”I know the method, but I'm just too new to see it for myself. That's my way of blaming my inexperience for what is probably just my old age creeping up on me.”…there is a learning curve with chameleons and it doesn’t matter much what age you are…there’s still lots to learn. I started keeping them in the 80’s and I’m still learning!

Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!

You said…”I know the method, but I'm just too new to see it for myself. That's my way of blaming my inexperience for what is probably just my old age creeping up on me.”…there is a learning curve with chameleons and it doesn’t matter much what age you are…there’s still lots to learn. I started keeping them in the 80’s and I’m still learning!

Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!
That was more a comment on my eyesight getting "less accurate" than they once were. Didn't want to say I'm getting older and my eyes just aren't what they used to be. 😆

Thank you for chiming in. Everyone here is so nice. Much better experience than reddit.

Thanks again for the welcome.

That was more a comment on my eyesight getting "less accurate" than they once were. Didn't want to say I'm getting older and my eyes just aren't what they used to be. 😆

Thank you for chiming in. Everyone here is so nice. Much better experience than reddit.

Reddit is the worst...or so I've heard....I don't dare go over there from the stories I have heard.

Yeah I have hit that point where I have to hold things closer just to read the label.... :hilarious:

Hi and welcome! I’m not so great at sexing panthers, but I agree that you have a little girl. She is adorable! 🤗 Do feel free to ask any questions you may have, share your progress, pics of your cutie patootie and just ‘hang around’.
*pssst…I think there’s an app to magnify things. Although the camera on my phone zooms in nicely. ;)

Hi and welcome! I’m not so great at sexing panthers, but I agree that you have a little girl. She is adorable! 🤗 Do feel free to ask any questions you may have, share your progress, pics of your cutie patootie and just ‘hang around’.
*pssst…I think there’s an app to magnify things. Although the camera on my phone zooms in nicely. ;)
Thank you for your opinion. It's much appreciated. And thank you again for the welcome. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom