Are night light heat bulbs ok?

My 4 month panther seems cold at night is it ok for me to use a night infrared bulb?

what are the nightime temps???..and if he\she needs a lil more ambient warmth..no light , use a ceramic heat element..it screws right into the standard bulb socket..

Nope. The rooom I keep my cham in dropped to around 60 during the winter and there were no problems. They acutally like cooler temps when sleeping.

Yep I'm engaged to the frost queen of air conditioning so my halide stays a cool 65-68 every night PLUS a fan ( she's a freak) and the chams never seem to mind...

My 4 month panther seems cold at night is it ok for me to use a night infrared bulb?

My response to this question is a question to you. Are there such things in the wild? I mean, lights.

Aside from the moon, chameleons will no naturally encounter a red light which provides heat.Chameleons need darkness to sleep properly. Also, chameleons can take low temperatures. An adult veiled or panther can take temperatures to the 50's.

Unless the temperatures go down to the very low 60's (60-62), I would not provide any heat at night, specially coming from an infrared bulb. If they do reach those low temperatures, I'd use a ceramic heat emitter, but i'd be very careful.

you want to have a 10-15 degree drop at night...as stated before, i wouldnt worry for a panther unless youre going below 60 at night

My response to this question is a question to you. Are there such things in the wild? I mean, lights.

Aside from the moon, chameleons will no naturally encounter a red light which provides heat.Chameleons need darkness to sleep properly. Also, chameleons can take low temperatures. An adult veiled or panther can take temperatures to the 50's.

Unless the temperatures go down to the very low 60's (60-62), I would not provide any heat at night, specially coming from an infrared bulb. If they do reach those low temperatures, I'd use a ceramic heat emitter, but i'd be very careful.

o thought that chams couldn't see the light emitted by a infra red light. im prob wrong but i was told that somewhere

Back
Top Bottom