April SBCK meeting with Amazing Blue Reptiles

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Howdy All,

We are going to have a special meeting this month with the folks from Amazing Blue Reptiles joining us! Jim, Mari, and Victor Nozaki will be stopping by and sharing their experiences and adventures over the last ten years in the chameleon world. Ed Snow may be tagging along as well. If you haven't seen them at the many shows in the Southland then you can check out their website at amazingbluereptiles.com or in the inaugural issue of chameleon news.com ( http://www.chameleonnews.com/02MarNozaki.html )

Amazing Blue also has three pairs of young adult Oustaleti available for $175 for a pair. If you arrange for pickup at the meeting you can save the shipping charge. If you are interested please contact them ahead of time at [email protected]

We'll be meeting Saturday, April 28 from 2PM to 5PM (and after) in Brea, (Southern) California at Kevin (Summoner12) Zamp's apartment complex. It is the same place last month's meeting was held. If you need directions RSVP to the address below and you'll get what you need.

Though never a requirement, we enjoy the cookies, brownies, vegetable plates, snacks, and drinks that members choose to bring. Don't be shy if you'd like to add to the ambiance with a snack of your own to share!

RSVP with an email to: [email protected] with how many people will be coming with you. We will reply with the address and directions to the meeting location for those that request it.

2pm-3pm.........Meet & Greet
~4pm............Feeder co-op sale and distribution
~5pm++..........Conversation and Meeting Wrap-up

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are free-of-charge meetings and are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for Show and Tell or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon's well-being.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. There are usually new members at every meeting.

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/group...n-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

Attachments

• Amazing-Blue.jpg
    Amazing-Blue.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 230
cool, i hope to go to this one too

will bring used cages and my ambilobe for sale, along with the display branch Rob wants

Looks like I'm doing a horn, and silkworm run Saturday. So please send me your requests and I'll do my best to fill them.

Last edited:
Forgot to add, get your cricket and crack, and superchow requests to me by Thursday night. Will be picking crickets up Friday morning on way into work.

Last edited:
Anyone bringing food to cook or bringing beer? I know Someone had beer last time. It would have been much better with a hot dog or or burger or something. :D

I'm only bringing bean dip and a sizer of Coronas.Do you have any of the 12v DC solenoids?

I do not............ Only what I had last time. sorry. I didn't finalize the order.

BTW, Renee and I might not be here when everyone shows up right at 2, just file in and make yourselves at home. Call me if anyone has an issue. Shouldn't be very late.. maybe like 10 minutes.

Of course i have to go to a birthday dinner at 4pm :(

i wish i could make it, i wanted to try and get some mantids and see if anyone had mulberry for sale. :eek:

really want to meet the local chameleon owners

Something came up, can't make it.

Take lots of pics everyone

BTW Rob, i will still save the display branch and the big kammers cage if you want.

Next month for sure.

Will bring cages and zulu nect time for sale if anyone is interested...

Something came up, can't make it.

Take lots of pics everyone

BTW Rob, i will still save the display branch and the big kammers cage if you want.

Next month for sure.

Will bring cages and zulu nect time for sale if anyone is interested...

lmao @ next month forsure i spent 50 in gas to go this month your new name is frosty the frosted flake

Good meeting guys! It was neat to meet the Amazing Blue crew outside of the show. A bit more of a chance to talk one on one.

We should make the next meeting more of a BBQ to celebrate spring/summer. Everyone chips in a bit more and we have burgers, dogs, chicken and sides. BYOB and maybe the meeting runs a bit later for those who want to hang out.

Give some feedback! If everyone brings one thing it works out well. The first time we had the meeting here I think it was a pretty awesome BBQ and a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom