Appropriate veiled cage size?

graydoyle05

Hello all,
I am getting a six month old male veiled very soon and the cage I've ordered is a 18x18x36 and I know this will be good for a while, but I was wondering if it will be acceptable for an adult veiled. I know that bigger is always better and I'd be willing to build a bigger cage if necessary!
Thanks!

Veiled chameleons require large caging area. A cage for an adult Veiled should really be no smaller than 24x24x48" (60x60x120cm). I keep my Veiled in DragonStrand's largest breeder series cage which is tiny bit smaller, but not too much. Unfortunately, an 18x18x36 cage is not large enough of a fully grown Veiled. If the chameleon you are getting is already six months, I would personally go with a 24x24x48" right away. It is entirely up to you, but I believe he should be large enough for it.

I got my male veiled at around 5-6 months and went right to a 2ftx2ftx4ft screen enclosure. Go big as you can. I believe smaller cages are recommended for younger chameleons because finding food is easier than in a bigger cage. Vertical space is key.

my male veiled is in a 2ftx2ftx4ft cage and he roams every inch of it

i thought about getting the next size down but i'm glad i didn't because they grow so dang fast i would of had to buy a bigger cage after only having him for 3 months

Back
Top Bottom