Aphids as a food source for small chams?

Ferrah88

Just wondering if I should order some aphids for my new little elliot's chameleon. The flies I have at home are too big at the moment. I would grab pinhead crickets, but they tend to hide and disappear without being eaten. Fruitflies I will be getting tomorrow, but I'd like to get something else for her and aphids are one of the feeders I could get for her!

Thoughts? :)

Aphids are good as long as they are raised on something non toxic. Have you tried firebrats?

Carl

Aphids are good as long as they are raised on something non toxic. Have you tried firebrats?

Carl

The aphids should be non toxic as they are bred for feeding purposes. But I can always ask what they were raised on!

Never heard of firebrats, and I don't think I've ever seen anything like them in stores or online here in Germany :(

I also have access to small white woodlice, but those live in the dirt, so I am a bit hesitant with them. It's not really something they might find to eat in the wild :D

Never heard of firebrats, and I don't think I've ever seen anything like them in stores or online here in Germany

Someone in germany must have them- I've never seen them in America until recently, but going back many years they are mentioned in all the german and german translated books I have about lizards...

Someone in germany must have them- I've never seen them in America until recently, but going back many years they are mentioned in all the german and german translated books I have about lizards...

All the shops I visit and those I order from don't have them. :( Maybe I can find some though, I'll have to do a bit more searching :)

Back
Top Bottom