anyone using multiple mist heads lmk I need your input

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
Good morning everyone I'm just reaching out to see if anyone is running multiple Miss King nozzles on their enclosure. (I know ya are) I'm getting mine set up to implement a second sprayer and I'm curious what the best practice for splitting the line is should I split it low near the pump so that the pressure is evenly distributed or should I run it in a single line I do have a zip trip system but I've had no luck setting it up I was tempted to just run a circuit if anyone can lend a first-hand account of splitting their misting systems line I would greatly appreciate it so that I don't have to reorder more tubing once as I'm sure to mess this up

Photo for reference don't mind the mess Chameleon is in his old cage (no need to search lol) . My thoughts are i can split it low like under the table and run a tube up each side to each nozzle... or I can link them over the top I guess but I am concerned that they won't have even pressure I don't want a lop sided spray lol I do have a zip drip but have never had any luck when setting it up and I think it was due to how small of a circuit my old spraying system was. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• PXL_20210308_185845382.jpg
    PXL_20210308_185845382.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 121
I run 4 enclosures, each with double misting heads. I never thought about splitting the line low, although for me that might be a tangled mess. I just run all in a line. Strangely, the heads with the lowest pressure seems to be the first in line.

Ok that's good to know I am going to have two single misters in front corners I've got time on my side today so I figure I'd try to brainstorm with the forum. I think the wooden cabinet thing I'm using will hide and allow my to tie down cables and lines.

Total side rant but I got a timer power strip and smart outlets so I can remote control my lights and am very excited to set that up post mister. Hoping this helps cable management so I won't need to reach switches or timers as much.

Also clear pannels will be installed on the sides top 1/2 to keep humidity and prevent overspray. I've just had the outside of the screen lined with spanish moss in the mean time haha

I got four nozzles and a plant dripper, all on one line. With the plant dripper at the end of the line, and have zero problems. Except that I need to fill the 1.7 gallon reservoir every 5 days 😏

There are 2 types of mist heads T & L nozzles
L nozzles end the circuit and T nozzles continue the circuit
I think if you split them the water will choose path of least resistance & may encounter problems especially if using non oem ie not mistking genuine mist heads.
Edit After checking there available nozzles i see there are variable control nozzles so it may well be possible

Last edited:
I have 3 single nozzles (left, center, right) on a 48"W enclosure. They're in series; it never occurred to me to do it any other way—the line runs from the pump up to the first nozzle, then across the top of the enclosure to 2nd & 3rd nozzles. There is no appreciable loss in pressure.

I have 3 single nozzles (left, center, right) on a 48"W enclosure. They're in series; it never occurred to me to do it any other way—the line runs from the pump up to the first nozzle, then across the top of the enclosure to 2nd & 3rd nozzles. There is no appreciable loss in pressure.
Can you remember who encountered problems with using non mistking nozzles?
I think as long as they are all either mistking value or mistking premium and not a combination of them it should work as they will be pressure matched

Can you remember who encountered problems with using non mistking nozzles?
I think as long as they are all either mistking value or mistking premium and not a combination of them it should work as they will be pressure matched
I think I do recall that from someplace, but I do not remember who encountered problems with using non mistking nozzles.

I'm very glad that the single line works great and won't be an issue I have so many extra m.k parts t and l nozzles plugs tubing a dual head mister two singles ... I am so glad to be rid of the dual and run two separate nozzles... The clear sides I put up allow me to create a nice mist and avoid hitting the basking area that was not possible with my old dual sprayer set up.

Again I would have ended up splitting under the table and running a line to each nozzle and wasting time / possible issues thank you all so much. I over think the little things

Back
Top Bottom