Anyone use Pro Product's RO Filter?

Klemins

I've been looking at new RO units for awhile and was recently talking with the Pro Products guy about their RO filter. He said it removes 98% of additives, reducing nozzle clogging and so forth, though I'm more concerned with higher quality drinking water for my animals. It's convenient because it screws into a faucet and filters 10 gallons a day. Obviously it's not perfect, as other units remove a higher percentage of minerals and such, but the price is not too bad and I'm considering all options. Does anyone have experience with the product? I know Pro Mist is reliable, so I'm inclined to believe this is at least somewhat efficient. You can read the basic description on the "ProMist Accessories" section of the website. Scroll down to the RO unit.

http://www.pro-products.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=59

Thanks for any reviews.

I can't speak to the RO filter but I can say that I ordered the Pro Mist PM-50D recently and I am very pleased with the quality. The pump is whisper quiet as promised and the system works great along with the timer. I would imagine that his other products are of equal quality.

Go to ebay and look at their filters. They are not portable but you can get a whole setup that will produce 100 gallons a day for around 100 bucks. 10 gallons a day may sound fine. But what you have to remember is the time it takes to make those 10 gallons. Most people find it a PITA to have to wait 2-3 hrs to fill a glass.

For a little more, 110-120 you can get RO/DI that will remove 100% of everything in the water leaving you with pure H2O.

Go to ebay and look at their filters. They are not portable but you can get a whole setup that will produce 100 gallons a day for around 100 bucks. 10 gallons a day may sound fine. But what you have to remember is the time it takes to make those 10 gallons. Most people find it a PITA to have to wait 2-3 hrs to fill a glass.

For a little more, 110-120 you can get RO/DI that will remove 100% of everything in the water leaving you with pure H2O.

does this hook directly to home water system

Yes they do. Most have a clamp style tap that hooks directly to a copper cold water line under the sink. If you have plastic flexible lines you will need to go to Home Depot and get a copper one. They are cheap enough for this to not be a big deal.

Yeah for that price i would look some where else. You can pick up a 3-4 stage RO machine for that price. I use RO for my saltwater fishtank and cham.
if you have a saltwater fish store you can go there to check some out but online is going to be your best deal.

here is a link to the one i use the
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4395+12093&pcatid=12093

i use the 4 stage 50 gpd...it works great...u can see in the pick, the yellow hose screws into any faucet, the blue line is your good water, and the white line is your waste water. (it takes about 3 hours to fill a 5 gallon container)

i think they are worth every dime...no more water bottles.

Back
Top Bottom