Anyone have tips for finding a lost cat?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my mom's 1year old cat got out 5 days ago(we think, as we turned the house upside down and can't find her). I'm guessing she darted out when someone opened the door and didn't notice her do this. She's very small, but active and curious. My mom is completely devastated and were trying to do everything we can to find her. I even stuck pool noodles with my phone camera taped to them to see if she was somehow stuck up there. We have food outside, litter, and other toys. Lost cat posters and all that.

In past experience when I've seen indoor cats get out, they seemed to just stick next to the house. So it's weird that she pretty much just vanished.

So my mom's 1year old cat got out 5 days ago(we think, as we turned the house upside down and can't find her). I'm guessing she darted out when someone opened the door and didn't notice her do this. She's very small, but active and curious. My mom is completely devastated and were trying to do everything we can to find her. I even stuck pool noodles with my phone camera taped to them to see if she was somehow stuck up there. We have food outside, litter, and other toys. Lost cat posters and all that.

In past experience when I've seen indoor cats get out, they seemed to just stick next to the house. So it's weird that she pretty much just vanished.
I have no input, all I can say is that I will pray for you guys.

Thanks all. We do live in a decently cold climate. We have a little crate out for her and have been doing everything mentioned. She is a cute fluffy cat with blue eyes and very people friendly. I'm thinking she may have wondered up to someone's yard or wherever and they took her. I can't see why she wouldn't have come back otherwise. She's chipped too. Within like ~an hour or two of her going missing everyone was looking for her. Not sure how far she could have gotten.

Appreciate it @kinyonga. I have moved in the last few months, but my mom's house is still the same she's been living in for 15 years. We've told all the neighbors, called the township, etc. At this point we're hoping somebody has her.

Keep checking with the local vets and shelters. Physically go back and look at any strays they have. Sometimes the communication between the front dest and the kennel staff is not optimum when it comes to matching descriptions or checking poster photos. There can also be a lag time between disappearance and turning them in.

Was actually going to post back here. She just found her! After being out for over a week as a small young indoor cat she somehow managed to survive. They took her to the vet and have her eating. She definitely lost weight, but looks good otherwise. The neighbor across the street found her under the car. So weird she didn't come back to the porch in all that time. She also has a habit for door dashing. I figured if she didn't come back that long she was either dead, someone took her, or she wondered miles off. Anyway, it's a huge relief. My mom was extremely upset about it.

Back
Top Bottom