Anyone ever tried feeding Rapashy Crested Gecko food to their chams.?

aimhigher38

On the package they said they were a good supplement for the diet for other reptiles including chameleons... I was wonder if i should sqeeze some into their mouths as a supplement?... Maybe it may give my chameleons some different vitamins and such to their diet.?... Thoughts.?

On the package they said they were a good supplement for the diet for other reptiles including chameleons... I was wonder if i should sqeeze some into their mouths as a supplement?... Maybe it may give my chameleons some different vitamins and such to their diet.?... Thoughts.?

what what what?

it says its for chameleons??? does it say which type?

I've just checked and it does say supplement for chameleons. No idea how you would give it though.:confused:

I know my friend's veiled LOVES fruit, especially banana. I wouldn't suppose such a chameleon would have a hard time discovering some fruity CGD if it was laid out in a dish. Since you have panthers, which aren't supposively big omnivores, I doubt that would be much of an option. Squeezing some into their mouths is probably more trouble than it's worth. Stick to a good gutload and supplement schedule. Heck, you can gutload the feeders with CGD, it doesn't even need to be wet.

I will admit that I have used it as gutload for bugs before, the bugs go crazy for it since it smells like fruit. I don't think it would cause any harm if you somehow fed it to a chameleon but I definitely advise against anyone syringe feeding any reptile liquids unless you know what you're doing - their airways aren't at the back of the throat like they are in us and other mammals.

Maybe you could just dust the bugs? Or drip it in front of the chameleon and let it eat it on its own that way. If your chameleon is used to drinking from a syringe or dropper this way, they might take to it eating a little of it.

I will admit that I have used it as gutload for bugs before, the bugs go crazy for it since it smells like fruit. I don't think it would cause any harm if you somehow fed it to a chameleon but I definitely advise against anyone syringe feeding any reptile liquids unless you know what you're doing - their airways aren't at the back of the throat like they are in us and other mammals.

Good thing u mentioned this cuz i was gonna hold the dropper to his face and wait till he opens his mouth and sqeeze a lil bit in there... I think maybe ill just dust his insects with it sometimes

I use the Repashy SuperPig at home for any of my animals with even a little red pigment - my blue tongues and red iguana look faaaaabulous, not going to lie. I've never tried it with chameleons, but I don't see an issue with adding a little repashy or superpig to the vitamin mix. For keepers acclimating wild caught animals, it's a neat trick to add weight to them - I've dusted crickets in repashy for wild caught lizards and geckos I was acclimating at home. :)

-Jen

Good thing u mentioned this cuz i was gonna hold the dropper to his face and wait till he opens his mouth and sqeeze a lil bit in there... I think maybe ill just dust his insects with it sometimes

Yeah, don't just squirt stuff in their mouth unless you know what you are doing and how to avoid them aspirating on anything. If you want to use a dripper, just try to drip it in front of their nose/on their nose and see if it starts to lap it up like it would water.

I use the Repashy SuperPig at home for any of my animals with even a little red pigment - my blue tongues and red iguana look faaaaabulous, not going to lie. I've never tried it with chameleons, but I don't see an issue with adding a little repashy or superpig to the vitamin mix. For keepers acclimating wild caught animals, it's a neat trick to add weight to them - I've dusted crickets in repashy for wild caught lizards and geckos I was acclimating at home. :)

-Jen

Repashy Calcium Plus has superpig in it. It works well in rotation with other supplements

Back
Top Bottom