Anybody breeding for "wild" Nosy Be look, rather than true blue?

Echoezra

Established Member
Olympia's pictures of Cobalt got me started/drooling, lol. And then I saw that link to the translated site with pictures of wild chameleons from different locales. I can't stop looking at them, just gorgeous! I checked out the chameleon company and their breeders Greaseball & Tripod, and that is way closer to what I want, rather than the true blue style. I love the strong yellow cheeks/mouths, and the orange/red on the eyes/face, and some even have a lot of yellow through the body also, or else at least lime green, sometimes a green/orange combo. I just think they look so amazing with the added colour, I find it a little strange that people worked so hard to get that out of them.
Anyways, that is what I would like next, I'm just wondering who besides The Chameleon Company has wild-look breeders like this?
I'm assuming nobody in Canada, as there's pretty much just the two and they seem to be going for the true blue also. If you guys (Chroma/Cham nation) get in any new wild-caughts, or know of someone in canada who has any with this colour style, I'd appreciate a heads up.
But yes, even in the states, if there's anybody workin with bloodlines like this, just so i can follow along as a possible future source, let me know, I'm just curious about this.
And, as always - pictures = yay!
Thanks guys.

I'm not working with them, per se ..but I do have 16 eggs cooking from the gravid WC female I had. I can hardly wait for them to hatch and to see what they grow up to be! :)

I'm on a waiting list for a Greaseball kid, too!

funny coincidence, cuz i was planning of getting a cb nosey be and breed it with a "greaseball" female to mix in those awsome wc genes:cool::D

that and tripod look also awsome with the semi red speckilng and yellow mouth:)

goodluck

I agree that while I love the blues, I find the bits of red and yellow really exciting and interesting. Fortunately or unfortunately, I expected Cobalt to be more of less blue with much more color on his face, so it's been really interesting waiting and watching to see where he was going with all the yellow. I think wild genetics like that keep things interesting :D

nosy be

I have just purchased a nosy be chameleon and its sire has much red and yellow and red in its face. It is already showing coloration in his face, but I can't wait till he gets his full colors!!!!

From what I understand, the green usually seems to turn blue in captivity. That's what I've read at least.

From what I understand, the green usually seems to turn blue in captivity. That's what I've read at least.

What about the other colours? Do those fade away too from captivity, or as I assume, have they just been selectively bred away, for that uniform blue-only goal?

i think the all green colored nosey bes turn bluer in captivity a forum meber here i think got a WC and has he grew over time his green background color turned blue

but with WCs its all a guess, they can likely retain the colors

but yeah breeders have breed blueer ones with other bluer ones

i would like a blue one and a wc "greasball female" to give it a little kick:cool:

your best bet is get a WC pair or get a WC male and a cb female

Back
Top Bottom