Any young male ambilobes for 220 shipped or less in existence out there?

MantisFTW

Some of you may have seen my last post, and I'm still looking to buy an ambilobe at my budget. So far, Chameleon Company is the only site that I've seen that has them for 210 shipped. I would have to wait a month or two for the batch to be ready, though. I have no problem with waiting (only my excitement on getting my first cham is killing me!) but I was wondering if there are any other breeders out there who would have them for the same price, or for 220 shipped or under.

Im looking for the youngest possible to ship, 3 or 4 months, not too much over. And male.

I checked all of the major sites already. If anyone knows anything, please reply or shoot me a PM. :)

www.epicchameleons.com has some younger males born in Sept 2011 for 250.00 shipped.

Some of you may have seen my last post, and I'm still looking to buy an ambilobe at my budget. So far, Chameleon Company is the only site that I've seen that has them for 210 shipped. I would have to wait a month or two for the batch to be ready, though. I have no problem with waiting (only my excitement on getting my first cham is killing me!) but I was wondering if there are any other breeders out there who would have them for the same price, or for 220 shipped or under.

Im looking for the youngest possible to ship, 3 or 4 months, not too much over. And male.

I checked all of the major sites already. If anyone knows anything, please reply or shoot me a PM. :)

Oh yeah, Chamalot was another option. Their chams are priced at 175, which is a good deal... only, it was only a holiday sale and they go back to 200 soon. Also, I emailed them, and the shipping would be a whopping 60 dollars. Eek.

well what im going to suggest, is wait until you can actually afford one that you want - not just one that you can afford. also this is a long term investment, so in the long run - an extra.. say 30-50 dollars is VERY minimal (especially considering all the other costs)..

i dont know how old you are, or what youre into, but i would say sell some games, blu rays, etc. at stores that sell used movies and games.. maybe throw up a few things on craigslist (gaming systems, gadgets..whatever) and scrape up a little extra money.

also shipping... well shipping isnt really something the seller entirely controls. maybe it just costs more for chamalot to ship to where you are, or maybe the services they use are different than that of other companies. i personally HATE HATE HATE shipping - BUT its easy enough to justify - would you rather pay someone else 60 bucks to drive there and back overnight or would you want to pay for gas and do it yourself.. ya know what i mean.

anyways, short version - save for what you want and get it right the first time. 30-50 etc dollars will mean nothing in a very short amount of time. i hope you can figure something out. :) (this is meant to be helpful by the way, everyone wants to save money when they can - why not just ask for a slight discount if you need to?)

It looks like I have a seller! I just got PMed with details and pictures and everything. I only have to wait a couple of days for the money to go into paypal. Ahhh, im so excited, I can hardly wait! Im getting my first cham in just a few days!

heartben: An ambilobe really is what I want, though. Im not only getting it because its all I can afford. Im getting it because thats the exact breed I want. Im not too picky on the sires or the bloodlines, just that it comes out colorful. :) It looks like I lucked out though, my soon-to-be cham is of 14k bloodline!

Im 17, actually. I know I know, aren't I a little young to be a cham owner? Is this just going to be some kind of "fad" pet that will last a week then be forgotten about? Well, I can definitely say no to that. ;)
Im familiar when it comes to responsibility, as I have cats, a dog, ferrets, and more. I do all I can for them. Ive had experience with rodents, birds, fish, and just about everything else except reptiles, which I've done an extent amount of research on. Im mature for my age I guess, and I love all animals. I wouldn't buy something that I couldn't care for.

Thank you, though. I'll definitely take that into consideration. I never actually thought of selling some games or going to craigslist, I may just do that. Thanks for the idea. :)

17 isnt young lol.... i know a person here who was 13 had chams, i think bred a pair of veileds age 14 with some help but still an awsome feat....you are only as young/old as you wanna be haha

goodluck and i think you talked to Bruce? from cham paradise? 14k sounds familiar

14k is from Chameleons101, but it was Alex I talked to.

13 with chams? Thats awesome. :) I was just afraid that the second I mentioned my age, people would immediately assume that im just some cruddy teenager looking for a cool pet to show off and not properly care for. Okay, well maybe that part about showing it off is half true. I mean, come on, whats not to want to show off about them? ;) I can assure you there will be many pictures as soon as he gets here, haha.

Congratulations, I bought 14k from chameleon 101 a year ago and he is amazing. He is the chameleon in my avatar :)

Well i hope you have all the set up things you need sometimes if you dont have anything all that stuff adds up being more than the cham

Haha, I know, I've learned that. Believe me though, im prepared and I have been for some time. He will have a nice screened cage to grow into, and a larger one for when hes grown. Safe live plants; check, mister; check, vines; check. And all of the other stuff, check.

All I need to do is get the crickets, which, fortunately for me, I live a walking distance from Petco. I have the calcium already and im going to try making a wet gutload soon. I dont know how soon I should get the crickets, though. The day I order the cham? Or go ahead and get them as soon as possible and start gutloading so they'll be plenty ready?

Well the chams get the nutrients from what the crickets have in their stomachs so i just do that the day before but everyone has their own way

Hes about three months.

The day before sounds good. How big should the crickets be? Or is that something I'll have to ask the seller?

Back
Top Bottom