any tips for begginers

Mr.Panther

Im getting a female panther soon and it is my second cham but I am really just a begginer because the first cham I got I had to take in from a woman with mental health issues and the care for the cham was so bad no uvb no calcium and not the right temps and the cham already had early stages of mbd and recently passed because of bad care I did try to get some uvb right when I noticed that she did not come with one but she passed when I got home from buying the uvb so I want a fresh start so any reccomendations

Read everything you can here and explore the entire site, even if you feel it doesn’t relate to you. Do listen to the podcasts too as they contain so much great info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Check out/binge watch Neptune the chameleon on YouTube.
Read all of the posts here, again, even if it doesn’t relate to you.
Don’t be afraid or hesitate to ask questions here. Use the search feature too. Check out the blogs.
I find it always helps to know why things are done a certain way/done at all.
After all of that reading and learning, get your enclosure fully set up and running, checking to ensure all parameters are correct. Once they are, then you get a chameleon. Also, make sure to look around for a veterinarian experienced with chameleons in your area and set aside $$ for a wellness visit with a fecal check for parasites.

Get all the equipment in place and running before adding the cham, especially getting perimeters on point. Ideally growing the plants in (something i wish i done) but takes months. Research research research, also don't trust all information put out there some is dated or just wrong. You have too try to find reputable sources, this forum is great though mostly great advice especially off the main contributers with chameleon enthusiasts and above reputation 😃

Back
Top Bottom