Any other feeders I should try?

Hello, I'm thinking of getting other feeders for my 7 1/2 month old Panther chameleon. I currently feed him crickets, hornworms, silkworms, and butterworms. I will get Dubias, but I don't know where to get them. Any other things I should try? (I live in California)

Definitely try the Dubias. I also highly recommend black soldier fly maggots (aka Phoenix worms, Reptiworms). Super worms are a good feeder too, just not too often. My chameleon is super addicted to both of these.:rolleyes:

Blue bottle flies are fun- I get mine from mantisplace- you would need some fly food (which lasts a good long time) I order that from there also. I usually hatch out 20 or so in a small cup with water crystals and food on top of the cage and let a couple out at a time.

Dubias are great in a sense that you'll never have to buy anymore after a successful colony has formed. I would say the same goes for superworms. Both are very easy to breed. Phoenix worms are cheap and plentiful. A cup of 150 would cost you about 5 bucks! However, they are really small and some chams don't notice them. I like to turn some of them into black soldier flies to brush up on his hunting skills.

Back
Top Bottom