Any advice on the breed of my panther chameleons?

steph0789

Hi There,
First post so please bare with me I have recently brought 2 panther chameleons and was told they were Taratave panther chameleons, I cannot find any information on these and am after some advice whether they are Taratave's or some other breed? He looks like an ambilobe but has a vivid blue stripe not white? nor is he as red/orange all over?

2i7xok9.jpg

Male

nlvdya.jpg

Female

what steve said:)

and there are no such thing a tarataves, i think you mean the other locale tamataves, they have much more red all over and not have as much color variety as yours do:D

the females look almost all the same which is the trouble in the validity of saying it is an ambilobe, the only way is to know the background of her parents, or breed them and see of the offspring do not look like crosses

Last edited:
the male looks ambilobe to me, but I'm pretty new to chams so just basing it on pics i've seen and my guy. I've seen some with blue-ish white line. the female, how would you really know?

what ever he is he's stunning!

Welcome, nice looking guy, do you know what all is involved in breeding these guy’s is the question? Are you prepared for the cost and maintenance if you are successful? Not trying to be an A**, but just asking. maybe add about another 100 questions to the couple I have asked.

Good looking Ambilobe male. The female looks gravid and by the looks of her I think she is a WC. I get the impression she is from the east but its basically impossible. Also there have been a lot of new imports this year from the east coast so...its a possibility.

Chris

what steve said:)

and there are no such thing a tarataves, i think you mean the other locale tamataves, they have much more red all over and not have as much color variety as yours do:D

the females look almost all the same which is the trouble in the validity of saying it is an ambilobe, the only way is to know the background of her parents, or breed them and see of the offspring do not look like crosses

I called the store I got them from today and they said it was a spelling mistake on their side they are both Tamatave. He seemed pretty certain on this but I am not so sure as you said they are much more red than my boy. I have been told by rather alot of people he looks like an Ampiskiana? Unfortunatly I know nothing about their background :(

I called the store I got them from today and they said it was a spelling mistake on their side they are both Tamatave. He seemed pretty certain on this but I am not so sure as you said they are much more red than my boy. I have been told by rather alot of people he looks like an Ampiskiana? Unfortunatly I know nothing about their background :(

Here's a sweet Tamatave from Chameleon Nation
100_1746.JPG.w300h200.jpg

That's a good comparable for you.

Yours is definitely not Tamatave, although there has been a number of Tamatave shipments in lately.

Back
Top Bottom