Another silly question....

vgaines

OK.. Please be patient with me but I have another question about my baby girl Penelope. (Aprox 2" Veiled chameleon) Sometimes when I mist her she will open her mouth real wide and make almost a squeaking noise. I know she doesn't like to be misted because she runs and turns really dark but she will start drinking after a few seconds. I just wanted to make sure this isn't the start of a URI. She has been eating every day since we got her and her poop is great. Black/brown and bright white. I have seen poop every day. I know its new because I clean the bottom of her habitat every afternoon because it collects water if I don't. ( So you dont have to look at my other posts...she is in a Exo Terra Glass Terrarium - 12 x 12 x 18 inch with live pothos, fake vines, and paper towels on the bottom. I dust her small crickets every day with plain calcium with NO D3):confused: I know I will probably drive everyone crazy with all of my questions. Its just that Penelope is so small an Rebel was almost a year old when I got him and I have had him for almost three years with NO health problems. I just want to catch anything wrong early so that I can keep her healthy and growing.
Thanks
Virginia :eek:

Sometimes when I mist her she will open her mouth real wide and make almost a squeaking noise. I know she doesn't like to be misted because she runs and turns really dark but she will start drinking after a few seconds. I just wanted to make sure this isn't the start of a URI. :eek:

Sick chams don't eat or drink, or react to things they don't like (such as misting :p). She must be gaping at the intruding mister. As long as she's active, reacting to disturbances, eating, basking, drinking, etc. she's fine.

Sick chams don't eat or drink, or react to things they don't like (such as misting :p). She must be gaping at the intruding mister. As long as she's active, reacting to disturbances, eating, basking, drinking, etc. she's fine.

Thank you so much. I'll be able to sleep tonight...lol I am a major worry wort...:D

Back
Top Bottom