Another prolapse.... And a horror vet experience...

Ok so Apollo is with Dr.giebel I'm not sure how to spell that... At quince orchard get hospital (my go to) I strongly reccomend him as he knew exactly what to do and says that he'll cap off exam procedures at $200 if surgery is needed it will be more but he can feel that Apollo has a "bead" stuck inside his hemipenes and will first remove that and take a look at what is going on.

Ok new update, we decided that the pieces falling off were going to be amputated and ofc we had to remove the beans. Long story short Apollo now has half a hemipene on the left side and we removed all this from inside where his hemipenes should have been!

Dr.giebel was amazing and I strongly recommend him. He was able to diagnose Apollo immediately and even put a stay suture in there to make sure it's held in place while it heals along with a baytril injection and much more. He clipped apollos toenails and got off stuck shed from around his feet and made sure to be very gentle with apollo. All capped off at the price of $200 which was great!

Ok new update, we decided that the pieces falling off were going to be amputated and ofc we had to remove the beans. Long story short Apollo now has half a hemipene on the left side and we removed all this from inside where his hemipenes should have been! View attachment 248187
Dr.giebel was amazing and I strongly recommend him. He was able to diagnose Apollo immediately and even put a stay suture in there to make sure it's held in place while it heals along with a baytril injection and much more. He clipped apollos toenails and got off stuck shed from around his feet and made sure to be very gentle with apollo. All capped off at the price of $200 which was great!
I am so happy it went so well. Now for a speedy recovery!

I'm glad he is ok, but TBO, I have no clue what that is in the test tube. Is that a growth of some sorts?

They're plugs or as people call them, beans lol like sperm plugs
I still have a lot to learn. Got confused when you said "all this from inside where his hemipenes should have been" so I thought it was something else that shouldn't of been there.

They're plugs or as people call them, beans lol like sperm plugs
I still have a lot to learn. Got confused when you said "all this from inside where his hemipenes should have been" so I thought it was something else that shouldn't of been there.

Glad your boy is ok.

We call them sperm plugs but they aren’t actualy sperm. They are a buildup of hemipenal shed skin.

So I've decided the best thing to do is buy some organic greens or a sweet potato or something and blend it up to make a mash for Apollo to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare this? Do I cook the sweet potato? What greens are the best for him?

So I've decided the best thing to do is buy some organic greens or a sweet potato or something and blend it up to make a mash for Apollo to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare this? Do I cook the sweet potato? What greens are the best for him?
Why are you doing this?

Back
Top Bottom