Another op for Gizzy

Woohoo !!!:D Vet just called and Gizzy is a lovely colour and quite relaxed - we can go and collect her in an hour :D I know there is still a long way to go, but for now i`m just ecstatic that she is coming back to us. :D

Oh Sally, that's the BEST news ever! What a special girl you have there! They put you on such an emotional rollercoaster, don't they?! I bet you'll sleep better tonight?!:D

We have arrived home with our beautiful little girl. She is so tiny post surgery. Adam showed me the removed fat pads :eek: they were gigantic and really abnormally shaped. He is thrilled with her recovery so far and confessed that he woke up this morning and wanted to call the surgery as he thought we may have lost her overnight. It is amazing that she is bright and happy considering her ordeal.

Thank you all for your support and help, it really helps to know there are so many people thinking of us and willing her through. It is still touch and go for a few days, but so far she is looking strong and as determined as ever. :D

Hey I am celebrating for you over here!!! I am so happy for you and Gizzy. You are such a caring keeper Sally, we should all strive to be more like you.:)

Poor Gizzy! She's been through so much, bless her! Your vet sounds like an amazing person! I think they become involved sometimes too.

Thanks :) I wish I was a better keeper, in that I could maybe have spotted the problem sooner, i thought the belly was still a bit loose from the egg removal :eek: She has gone of to sleep now after her meds, it is just amazing to have her home. I couldn`t praise her vet enough, he was telling me that Gizzy was amazing to get through both ops, i agree, but i think it is testament to his expertise and the fact that he adores her too. :D It was not easy to prise her off him, bless her she`s lost none of her feminine charm, lol. :D

Thanks :) I wish I was a better keeper, in that I could maybe have spotted the problem sooner, i thought the belly was still a bit loose from the egg removal :eek:

Sorry I just have to jump in and say I think you are an amazing keeper! Look at all you have done for her.

I'm happy Gizzy is doing better!

Poor Gizzy! She's been through so much, bless her! Your vet sounds like an amazing person! I think they become involved sometimes too.

Trust me, vets can become very attached to their patients! There have been times I've wanted to ask to just keep other people's dogs because I got so attached, especially with difficult cases you spend a lot of time on! Of course, I'd never do that, but I've thought about. ;) I remember lots of patient's names and history like they were my own pets. And that was just from being a tech, not even a doc yet. I know quite a few vets that hold a lot of old patients dear to them also.

Sorry, I'm off my soapbox now. :) So glad to hear she's recovering so well!

Aww thank you Jessicsa that`s so kind of you. I would be completely lost with out Gizzy, she just gives so much back to us.

She had a bit of an unsettled night, but enjoyed snoozing on me and having a tickle ;) I managed a couple of snaps on the phone - sorry for the quality.

Attachments

• P26-01-11_21.06.JPG
    P26-01-11_21.06.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 112
  • P26-01-11_20.58.JPG
    P26-01-11_20.58.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 87
Sweet little Gizzy is on the way to being her self again! Just give her extra love like you always do and she will be good as new soon.

I`m so proud of her - she has had a pretty tough day today and is still refusing food (5 days now) we did eventually persuade her to take a small 1ml drink. Anybody have any good ideas to entice her to eat ? We have tried crickets, rocket, cabbage and worms, but she just has no interest. Maybe tomorrow :)

I just said a little prayer for your baby. I know it's scary. Remain patient & calm so to surround her with calm positive energy when she comes home. Good luck, and speedy recovery!

I have tried cricks and wax worm, I cannot buy any silkies at the moment, but i will pop out in the morning and find some locusts to try, thanks Tiff :D

Thank you Donna, that is really kind of you. If positive thoughts and love can make the difference then i`m sure she will bounce back in no time. Bless her she has no idea how many people are willing her on. :)

Are you able to get hornworms there? If so I would try those, great for hydration and added bonus of being green which chams go gaga for anything brite green normally. Might give her the desire to eat. The locusts are a good idea also though. Only thing I'd worry about would be the hard exoskeleton if she hasnt been drinking much.

Sadly hornworms are illegal here in the UK, much like you can't get locusts in the US. Sally, have you tried Calci/Phoenix worms?

No I have never heard of of calci/ pheonix worms. Will go have a look for some now though. It`s certainly worth giving anything a try.

Thanx Texas - I did look at one point for Hornworm, but eventually found out they are illegal here :( I will do my best to get more water into her and perhasps then give the locusts a shot.

Back
Top Bottom