Another late night

Ryan123

so two months ago one of my female panthers had a retained clutch and guess what??? i wake up today to find her digging again well she had been at it and laying for over 14 hours!!! she is still in the laying process... im going to be up all night and i have school in the morning :( plus she is lying another clutch sooooo early two months apart whats going on?!

I think I'd faint thinking about all the money that the babies will be eating! :) Congrats.

One very efficient way to feed them is by using B. lateralis roaches. They are very prolific breeders and multiply very rapidly. Your financially dependent children will eat cost efficiently.

ah ha i kno and the first set is a week older than the second clutch and the second set is a month and a half away from the third clutch they are gonna all pop on out right away....the females i bought held retained clutches and i got lucky with that but i have soooooooo many eggs i got a cricket routine going right now just having more and more breed and dubias going too....this is going to be crazy! i stayed up all night for her to finish she stopped at 4:30am and i had swim practice at 5:30 then school and swim again i was so dead tired... im lookiing forward to some babies tho :) :)

Some girls lay and wont slow down until they die, most dont though. Only time will tell. Even the smallest dubia are too big for a baby panther baby...

there are ways to raise small insects for baby chams.

buy 4 already producing hydei fruit fly cultures.

get urself some fruit fly media in bulk. if you ever want to go in on a deal for plastic 32 oz. cups without lids im down for it. also, superiorenterprise sells the cloth vented lids, they come out to $.18 cents per lid including shipping when you buy 500. i have yet to find a cheaper source that sells the same qaulity cloth vented lids.

aspen fiber is dirt cheap, never buy it from one of those retail stores, not even online where they sell fruit flies. aspen fiber is usually bought in serious bulk, but there are plenty of places that only sell them in 50 pound bricks. even these small 50 pound brick deals KILL the other prices online that are advertised with the flies etc.

as long as you don't sell the cups for an insane 5-6 bucks like some people do, you should be able to sell some to people you're friendly with fast.

ghann's cricket farm has a GREAT program, and you can get pinheads, 1/16, 1/8 inchers for dirt cheap! and shipping is cheap as hell too because the box is soooo small!

lots of people have trouble keeping pinheads, 1/16th inchers alive...

supplying the baby crickets with ghann's "special formula mix diet" or whatever it is, truely helps the crickets stay very healthy! the water feeder they sell for their crickets are also awesome. baby crickets dehydrate soooo fast!

keeping baby crickets at 85 degrees is a task when you dont have time to make sure they're getting enough water because they dehydrate so damn fast. ghann's water feeder does good things lol. worth every penny.

btw, they're panthers not veields, i wouldnt worry all that too much about needing to feed a bunch of babies...

if you have bigger animals to feed, why not buy some adult crickets and breed them? that way, those adults that are laying eggs, will evetually die from your bigger animals, and their babies can contribute to your baby chams.

dubia nymphs fresh out of the butt are 1/12th of an inch. these can be fed to hatchlings after they've grown an itsy bitsy amount.

Last edited:
39 eggs this week 7 weeks agoish she had 35......both girls live together and eat everyother day between the two the each get 8-12 crickets and somedays 4 crickets and a Dubia
Like what has been said, cut back her diet.

All females (that are not live bearing species) can become gravid with infertile eggs. However, you can make the clutch smaller with some (panthers commonly) or even stop all egg production (generally only veileds) through special feeding schedules, gutloading, and basking temperature monitoring.

All females (that are not live bearing species) can become gravid with infertile eggs. However, you can make the cluth smaller with some (panthers commonly) or even stop all egg production (generally only veileds.)

Thanks! My first cham so I don't know what to expect .. I've just been reading on this topic lately and I want to be prepared. So I have a veiled female and she is about 16 months old. I don't know if she has layed eggs yet. How can I prevent her from becoming gravid? Do you have any links to info on the warning signs of being gravid .. if she is, I have coco plantation soil on the ground. Can she use that to lay her eggs in or should I use a seperate bowl with something else?

Back
Top Bottom