Another Bioactive Question

Chameleon Mike

Chameleon Enthusiast
I recently bought springtails and dwarf gray isopods that I'm hoping will be my main cultures before I set up the bio active enclosures. My question is, should I remove the eggs from the female enclosure if I know they are not fertile or will the isopods eat them?

I know the isopods eat the waste and can eat egg shells from a hard boiled egg for calcium but I was just wondering about this.

Thanks

I would remove it because it might get mold and even though isopods and springtails will eat it, they might not eat it fast enough and that give mold a chance to grow on it and infested your whole enclosure.

it'll mold, I would take them out. its kinda the same question as would you leave a raw egg under a heat lamp, probably a bad idea lol

I would remove it because it might get mold and even though isopods and springtails will eat it, they might not eat it fast enough and that give mold a chance to grow on it and infested your whole enclosure.
it'll mold, I would take them out. its kinda the same question as would you leave a raw egg under a heat lamp, probably a bad idea lol
Thanks for the responses. I thought it might be a bit much for them. I'm just getting ready to set up the bio active enclosures and thought I'd ask. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom