Animal Hoarding?

Hello All!
I've seen some mention of being addicted to chameleons and other animals on this site.
I'm currently casting for a documentary television series and looking for people who are extremely passionate, or to the point of obsessive about more uncommon pets (not cats, dogs), or might have too many chameleons, amphibians, reptiles, or other uncommon animals.
Do you wonder if you've taken your love or interest/hobby a bit too far or have too many chameleons? The show would explore how this obsession began and how it affects your life. We'd also be interested in talking to friends and family about their opinions.
If you might be interested in appearing on this program, email me at [email protected] and I'd be happy to provide more information about the show and hear more about your pets.
Thank you!
Krissy

Yea..had this "person" contact me thru a p.m.....what balls!!!! Who else did she try to hit-up

4 oustalets chameleons
1 nosy faly chameleon
2 chinese water dragons
1 bearded dragon
1 ball python
2 skunk geckos
3000 gal pond full of koi fish
2 cats
1 dog

I'd have more chameleons but my husband won't let me. Oh well, its still a good collection of great animals. They all have awesome personalities, including the koi. :)

You have a gsp????!!!! I love them. I grew up with them, I put mine down last september, but I now foster them for the mid- atlantic gsp rescue.

Im sorry you had to say goodbye to yours last september, Yes me and my husband have a GSP, female, her name is samoa, as in, ya want samoa, lol. One of the smartest dogs ever!!, i swear she is part human...no exaggeration. We often get some funny looks when walking the dogs because both Samoa and Hemi (our dane) have liver spots, and share the same colors, but Hemi is huge and Samoa is small in comparison so everyone always takes second glances. Either way, GSP's are in my opinion the smartest dogs on the planet, once you get by the tiny bump moving a million miles a hour and overwhelming energy. :D

4 oustalets chameleons
1 nosy faly chameleon
2 chinese water dragons
1 bearded dragon
1 ball python
2 skunk geckos
3000 gal pond full of koi fish
2 cats
1 dog

I'd have more chameleons but my husband won't let me. Oh well, its still a good collection of great animals. They all have awesome personalities, including the koi. :)

It's a great collection!!
I have always wanted a koi pond. It's been on my wish list for years. But I see I'm in good company here with the pet lists.
I have:
1.1 Jackson's Chameleon
1.1.2 Giant Madagascar Gecko and incubating eggs
4.6.6 Crested Gecko's and incubating eggs
2.2 Red Eared Sliders
1 Cord Snake
2 65 gal fish tanks and a bunch of fish
3.0 Lab Retrievers
0.1 Cat

I lost my male green iguana 2yrs ago and the female earlier this year. They were in their 20's. And my Panther(he was 8yrs) (my avatar) also passed this year. And the mother and grandmother to my labs also passed recently.She was 14. Bad time. I miss them all.

Got a little off track there. sorry.

Well, taking all my pets and my roommates pets together, we have quite a few. Given, we rent a four bedroom, 2.5 bath house together, so there is more than enough room for all the animals, and then some...but once you write it out, it seems like a lot more!

1 veiled cham
2 pygmy chams (the roommates)
6 cats (only 1 is mine, I swear)
1 dog (roommates)
1 horse (mine, although she lives at the stable across the street)
a bunch of random fish (roommates)

and now we are looking into getting a few sugar gliders. My friend has some and keeps saying how she wants to give them away, but I don't know the first thing about them!

I also want to get a Jackson's. I miss my Jackson colony in Hawaii. :(

-4 horses
-1donkey
-2dogs, terror mix and american bull dog
-2cats 1 indoors 1 out
-1 ball python
-1 leopard gecko
-4 fainting goats, just got rid of the last batch of kids and looking forward to the next :D
and soon to be cham! >:3

Im sorry you had to say goodbye to yours last september, Yes me and my husband have a GSP, female, her name is samoa, as in, ya want samoa, lol. One of the smartest dogs ever!!, i swear she is part human...no exaggeration. We often get some funny looks when walking the dogs because both Samoa and Hemi (our dane) have liver spots, and share the same colors, but Hemi is huge and Samoa is small in comparison so everyone always takes second glances. Either way, GSP's are in my opinion the smartest dogs on the planet, once you get by the tiny bump moving a million miles a hour and overwhelming energy. :D

Thank you. I miss him alot. He made it to 11 years old though, and I had him since he was 8 weeks.
Haha yea they are very high energy but such great dogs, and like you said, super smart.
Ive had people ask me what mine was mixed with, cuz of the ticking.
They are great dogs, smart, loyal, loving, and sneaky. haha.
As long as you can handle the energy level, they are perfect family dogs.

My friend had a GSP, only dog Ive seen that could jump an 8 ft wooden fence and barely touched the top in order to get over. He'd jump like a pogo stick and could watch ppl going down the street. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Was like a dog version of a jack in the box. Really smart like you said. But I swear that dog was hyper as hell til he hit about 10.

My friend had a GSP, only dog Ive seen that could jump an 8 ft wooden fence and barely touched the top in order to get over. He'd jump like a pogo stick and could watch ppl going down the street. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Was like a dog version of a jack in the box. Really smart like you said. But I swear that dog was hyper as hell til he hit about 10.

Thats pretty much how al pointers are. SInce they are a hunting dog, they are high energy. Many of them end up in shelters or the rescue that I volunteer for because people get them thinking thye are so cute and cuz they make such great family dogs,then realize how much exercise they need on a daily basis and get rid of them cuz they cant handle it.
THe thing with pointers is that they are puppies till they die. They are happy go lucky, high energy and can run like the wind till old age takes them.
They are very people oriented, in fact, their nickname are velcro dogs, because all they want is to be near thier family.

Yeah we had a Weimereiner after seeing my friends GSP. He was hyper also but didnt jump quite as much as my buddies dog did. He was def a velcro dog though. He loved ppl and couldnt stand being left alone til the day he passed.

Yeah we had a Weimereiner after seeing my friends GSP. He was hyper also but didnt jump quite as much as my buddies dog did. He was def a velcro dog though. He loved ppl and couldnt stand being left alone til the day he passed.

Weimys are the same as pointers esentially, just different markings, lol.
Ive found weimys to be a bit more crazy than pointers.
Mine that recently passed was the same way. he always needed to know where you were, if you got up and went into the other room, so did he. he followed me till the day he got sick.

I know there is a show about this and I am afraid to watch and discover I have a problem! Just curious about everyone's list of animals.
Here is my current list.
60 chameleons,panthers,parsons,deremensis,johnstons5 snakes,green tree pythons and rhino ratsnakes
2 rock iguanas,cuban and rhino.
2 monkey tree frogs
2 dogs,bulldog and bullmastiff
2 cats,hairless sphynx
5 polish chickens
1 toucan
I am setting up a discus tank in the next few weeks.
After typing this out,I do have a problem.:eek:

WOW,:eek: and some have trouble keeping just the one! :cool:

And we totally look like lightweights now :eek:

1.1 Ambilobe
0.0.1 Gargoyle
0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko
1.0 Shepherd/Collie mix
0.1 Chihuahua/Beagle mix
0.1 Siamese short-hair
75 gal freshwater tank with numerous fish
2 goldfish

Cricket colony
Dubia Colony
Silkworm colony

4 kids

We are "kinda" planning on some pygmys next. I see it in our future. :D

Wow I thought I had it bad. I need to change my signature lol. We have
1. veiled cham (pascal) We named him from the movie Tangled
1 Dog ( Bohemian Rhapsody) Bobo for short. This is my favorite song
1 cat (Banded Bubous Snarfplatt) Name came from The little mermaid
1 Japanese fighting fish ( Phish) My daughter named it
2 rats (Emil and Remy) Names came from the movie Ratatouille
2 Chickens ( No names lol)
My daughter loves disney movies. Can you tell lol

Wow some of you have loads of pets :eek: but its awesome being an animal lover, personally I'd rather be surrounded by animals rather than humans lol

I have;

1 Veiled Chameleon
1 Red Bar Panther Chameleon
2 dogs, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Jack Russel Terrier
1 Hamster
2 Budgies
1 Ball Python
1 Corn Snake
1 Chinese Water Dragon
1 Bearded Dragon

I did have Rottweiler but he died of cancer 5 years ago aged 5 :( and I had a Yorkie who died last Christmas on boxing day of old age :(

17 pets and love em all...even the ones that arnt here right now
11 chams, quads, cristatus, panther, veiled, deremensis
2 dogs, rottweiler, pitbull cross
3 hermit crabs
1 beta fish
i really want a lepord tortoise as well..

17 pets and love em all...even the ones that arnt here right now
11 chams, quads, cristatus, panther, veiled, deremensis
2 dogs, rottweiler, pitbull cross
3 hermit crabs
1 beta fish
i really want a lepord tortoise as well..

Will you take a bitchy red eared slider instead? lol

in all reality, if it was up to me i would keep every chameleon species there is, but at some point it just becomes work and stops being a fun hobby.

Back
Top Bottom