Angling of branches/vines?

Is there a particular angle that vines and branches should be at for chameleons? I generally go with a natural look with them, but in this case i have noticed a huge abundance of keepers who align nearly all of their branches and climbing materials perfectly straight and level across the enclosure. Is this important for chams in particular? Coincidence? Or another reason? Wondering if i need to redo my branches in my tank. I have a handful that are basically level for them to Hang out on or bask on, but most are angled, many strongly, some are even close to straight up and down. I thought chsms had good grip so I had lots of angles and branches for them to explore around the enclosure and stay exercised. Advice or explanations greatly appreciated!

Mine kinda go in all directions, but the chameleons definitely prefer the horizontal branches, in my experience. They use the angled and vertical branches as thruways to get to the horizontal ones... but they prefer to perch and lounge around on the horizontal ones. I do see them sleep on the angled branches now and then, too.

Last edited:
Oh yea - make sure the basking area doesn't have a vertical branch that allows them to climb and sit too close to the light. The basking branch you pick should be the highest object in that area of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom