Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

OK guys....I've got a good one for ya. As you know, chams like to grab onto anything with those special feet.

I have this clear, plastic duster/feeder cup you can get from reptile suppliers. Today, I held it under Wasabi so he could grab the crickets inside. (just got some "banded crickets" and MAN those little suckers jump high!). I also had some various other feeders in the bottom.

Well, he got so excited that he grabbed onto the opposite rims of the cup with both front feet, and wouldn't let go till he ate every one!
I tried pulling the cup away so I could pour them into his feeder cup on his FR, but he wouldn't let go. I was laughing so hard my hand was shaking, which made him look funnier!

He looked just like a little boy holding a big boy cup, with his head inside. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and get it on video or pics. Hysterical!

OK guys....I've got a good one for ya. As you know, chams like to grab onto anything with those special feet.

I have this clear, plastic duster/feeder cup you can get from reptile suppliers. Today, I held it under Wasabi so he could grab the crickets inside. (just got some "banded crickets" and MAN those little suckers jump high!). I also had some various other feeders in the bottom.

Well, he got so excited that he grabbed onto the opposite rims of the cup with both front feet, and wouldn't let go till he ate every one!
I tried pulling the cup away so I could pour them into his feeder cup on his FR, but he wouldn't let go. I was laughing so hard my hand was shaking, which made him look funnier!

He looked just like a little boy holding a big boy cup, with his head inside. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and get it on video or pics. Hysterical!
They sure mean business with their food . My girls are like that . I have to be very prepared or those special grabby hands clinch down on the cup and you’re standing there till they’re done . Though phoebe made her first rule . NO ROACHES IN HER CUP . She will eat them if hand fed .

IMG_3584aweb.jpg
IMG_3584aweb.jpg

I have joined the crew. Aster went outside today. Soaked up some rays with me and enjoyed the heat. She's got such a strong grip, you raise such good babies Jann. She finished her worming a few days ago. Next is to get a fecal done. She's eating 3 roaches a day, 1 super every other day. And I will start working with her soon on isopods and other goodies <3. She doesnt seem to be losing weight and since she's already six months old from the time scale I figured I should do small feedings every day and then when she gets older spread them out through the week and make the a bit larger if needed. One day in the week she gets about 5 roaches and 2 supers. Let me know @jannb if that looks right. Haven't weighed her yet figured I'd wait a week and adjust food sources as needed. Has been a while since I had a healthy female. Still need to make a lay bin but I will be doing that this weekend.

I gave Emma her laying bin today. She hasn't been all that interested in food the past week, only eating a bug here and there. This morning, I noticed she was walking around the bottom of her cage. And her tummy has been looking quite round. So, I used a small trash can (about 3 gallons) and an organic potting soil. It's damp enough that the 3 finger holes I put in for her are holding their shape easily. And I have a plastic plant hooked over the side of the bin for easy access and a little security. We will be gone a good part of the day, and so I'm hoping she decides to go digging. Cross your fingers that we come home to some eggs! (I know, it can take up to a couple days.)

I gave Emma her laying bin today. She hasn't been all that interested in food the past week, only eating a bug here and there. This morning, I noticed she was walking around the bottom of her cage. And her tummy has been looking quite round. So, I used a small trash can (about 3 gallons) and an organic potting soil. It's damp enough that the 3 finger holes I put in for her are holding their shape easily. And I have a plastic plant hooked over the side of the bin for easy access and a little security. We will be gone a good part of the day, and so I'm hoping she decides to go digging. Cross your fingers that we come home to some eggs! (I know, it can take up to a couple days.)

I sure hope sweet Emma with be ok. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom