Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

Hello everyone, looks like all the babies are growing big, healthy and beautiful! Wow!

I am here to report on my baby boy, Arlo. Tomorrow will mark 6 months since his hatch day. I finally got around to weighing him and he jumped to a whopping 76 grams!
Today was the first time I’ve really noticed how much he has grown.

Since my last update, we had a really close call with a health issue few weeks ago. He wasn’t eating and I thought I was hearing some static in his breath. Fearing a respiratory infection, I got him to my vet the next morning. He got a shot of antibiotic and luckily, he started eating again in the following days and his breathing is clear. It was a very scary few days but I’ve made some adjustments to his enclosure and he is doing very well. One thing that made me feel very proud was the vet’s comment about his color. He was examining him and said that he’d never seen one so colorful!

He is back to himself but I’m keeping a very close eye on him everyday. He’s very hungry in the morning and I’ve discovered that he prefers to catch his food alive rather than have me serve him. So i now feed him his crickets out of a plastic water pitcher. It’s deep enough that they can’t jump out and he doesn’t hesitate to climbe right in there and pig out! I’ve recently started breeding my own silkworms, which are his favorite, so they are always in high supply. I’ve tried feeding him strawberries but he just hasn’t figured it out yet. I’ll just keep trying until he does.
I live in a small town and most people around here have never seen a chameleon before ( I admit, I’d never seen one in person either until I unpacked Arlo from his shipping package) so people ask lots of questions about him and he’s kind of found himself a little bit of small town celebrity, in my small circle of friends and family.

Attachments

• 2C3C21B8-0D77-4693-A4E7-CB387159165A.jpeg
    2C3C21B8-0D77-4693-A4E7-CB387159165A.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 9476D437-1A1F-4919-B8B4-0D1AA253F431.jpeg
    9476D437-1A1F-4919-B8B4-0D1AA253F431.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 186
Hello everyone, looks like all the babies are growing big, healthy and beautiful! Wow!

I am here to report on my baby boy, Arlo. Tomorrow will mark 6 months since his hatch day. I finally got around to weighing him and he jumped to a whopping 76 grams!
Today was the first time I’ve really noticed how much he has grown.

Since my last update, we had a really close call with a health issue few weeks ago. He wasn’t eating and I thought I was hearing some static in his breath. Fearing a respiratory infection, I got him to my vet the next morning. He got a shot of antibiotic and luckily, he started eating again in the following days and his breathing is clear. It was a very scary few days but I’ve made some adjustments to his enclosure and he is doing very well. One thing that made me feel very proud was the vet’s comment about his color. He was examining him and said that he’d never seen one so colorful!

He is back to himself but I’m keeping a very close eye on him everyday. He’s very hungry in the morning and I’ve discovered that he prefers to catch his food alive rather than have me serve him. So i now feed him his crickets out of a plastic water pitcher. It’s deep enough that they can’t jump out and he doesn’t hesitate to climbe right in there and pig out! I’ve recently started breeding my own silkworms, which are his favorite, so they are always in high supply. I’ve tried feeding him strawberries but he just hasn’t figured it out yet. I’ll just keep trying until he does.
I live in a small town and most people around here have never seen a chameleon before ( I admit, I’d never seen one in person either until I unpacked Arlo from his shipping package) so people ask lots of questions about him and he’s kind of found himself a little bit of small town celebrity, in my small circle of friends and family.
I’m so happy to hear Arlo is ok . So very scary. He looks wonderful ❤️.

She is gorgeous. All my guys have to get out this weekend. We’ve got tropical storms rolling through all next week
Thank you phoebe is so sweet . She pouted for a few days her and our nosy be Septiseye love to be out side . I was way to nervous to even attempt getting them to their condos . They really love hanging in their Hibiscus .

Hey everyone, I was in chicago for a month for work and when I got back my baby girls had their big girl colors. Heres Artemis and deandra freaked out by the camera as usual.

The girls are looking so pretty with their big girl colors. ❤️

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Back
Top Bottom